Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A red paintjob, new wheels and tires, engine and exhaust pipes for the Superbird:

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not much on the whole cartoon / zinger look, but this one works....and works really well! Great job!
Thanks. I finally learned you can't rush paint to dry. Even after 24 hours I've had it mar when I handled it so left that one sit almost 48 before I went on with it. I was too used to working w/ flat black. :p

·
Registered
639 Posts
That sure is one mean looking bird. You did a great job there. Being a fellow rattle canner I always wait a good 72 hrs before any final detail work or assy. However in the imortal words of Tom Petty "The waiting is the hardest part"

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
I'm not into the big engine look either. But this is sharp. Dresses up well in red!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like it! are mopar zingers all you do?......Fords, Chevys, imports?
I like a motor on a muscle car but do try and keep it within reason so it looks real. The engine on this one is from a Dragstrip Demons Altered State and is probably just sitting a little higher than it would normally.

I'm a Mopar fan and since I've only been customizing a month or so started on them first. I do need a break once in a while though and will do something else. I'm working on a Chevrolator, trying to get a '69 Ford pickup painted, just finished a Sooo Fast hot rod, and have some others that I'll upload pictures of later. Here are some I have pix of here now:

Jeep Scrambler and CJ-2A

Ford Thunderbolt

Dodge Concept Car

'41 Willy's Coupe

Monster School Bus

I snuck in a few Chryslers... :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts