Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok- OKAY ! So the title is a little mis-leading....BUT, our Canadian Good Buddy- Dan, aka Plymouth71, built me a pretty Awesome Modified Dirttracker from an early '70s A/FX Chevy Camaro body ! FYI- Dan and I had initiated, a little body swap trade deal of sorts, a while back, and Dan held off sending his part of the trade until a little Surprise was added to the mix, and here my friends- is the SURPRISE....the #20 body :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,692 Posts
Cool. Dan is da man!!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
You got dirt on my Camaro...no you got Camaro on my Dirt

Very Sneaky.....SUPRISE! :hat:

Ralph you didn't see this one coming did yah?

I am digging the RWB look created by the 20s & other decals.
All the decals look like they belong in the place they are STUCK. :thumbsup:

Very nice body work on this to make it a Super Fun Dirt Race Machine!

This is why I love HT. :)
Way to carry on a long time HT tradition of building slots for others & vice versa....Sweet Cam-ar-o!!

Bob...Nice touch with the Headers by Ralph deco Dan...zilla

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Looks tough!! I really like the decal colors, too. Really admiring the placement, too. The whole thing just works!!

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
The real surprise is that thing's got a HEMI under the hood!

Old Blue
LoL Shhhh! Don't tell !!

Thanks Guys! You know how much I love to Customize. When Ralph was kind enough to send me some stuff a while back, I got together a couple things for him but I wanted to do something else. Seeing as he is a dirt oval kinda guy I thought a local Weekend Gear Head special was in order. All the decals except the Texaco one were my own design. I only wish I could have made one to fit a U-turn chassis which he is so fond of.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Ralph ,

Nice Camaro . Kind of a fresh look for the Modified concept .

Ralph , it appears that the power comes from either a Tomy Turbo or Tomy CRT chassis . While I'm sure it's a fun car to drive , how does it handle on a smaller bull ring type track ?

I like it .

Gonzo

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chassis

Ralph ,

Nice Camaro . Kind of a fresh look for the Modified concept .

Ralph , it appears that the power comes from either a Tomy Turbo or Tomy CRT chassis . While I'm sure it's a fun car to drive , how does it handle on a smaller bull ring type track ?

I like it .

Gonzo
Hey Gonzo, well....I ONLY JUST GOT that body Yesterday :) And yes, it is presently fitted to a Tomy Turbo chassis, but I really haven't run it hard- nor do I wish to with THAT Chassis. When I get the chance, that body will be remounted to either an original Non-Magna A/FX chassis OR a Wide Tire T-Jet Chassis with appropriate Wheelbase. Thanks for askin' :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts