Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi guys, I'm pretty new here, have only been customising for about a month after seeing a few customs here and there. This 'Cuda is one of my first customs. It's a HW casting with a HW VW Beetle engine and rear wheels (sad, I know. :lol:). I wirebrushed the casting back instead of going all out and polishing it. I painted the motor black with red highlights in spots and had my first attempt at detailing headlights/taillights.

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

My next project is a Triumph TR6 with which I am doing a wheel swap, putting in a front windshield, and hopefully my airbrush will be ready by then to use.

Cheers, Cougar23

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JayM. :) I hope to oneday pump out some really good customs like you and the other top customisers.

Cheers, Cougar23

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
You did a really nice job cutting the hole for the engine, not an easy thing to do. It looks great. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I used a very small drillbit to drill 5 holes (one in each corner and one in the middle), then drilled them bigger and bigger until most of the metal was out. I then used small files to get it as square as possible. I'm currently on the lookout for a jewelers saw as I think they would be handy after seeing what you other guys are doing with them.

Thanks again.

One other question...are my pictures working fo you guys or are you following the links?

Cheers. :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys and I will take your tip into account next time I do this RLCarlos. :thumbsup:

Cheers, Cougar23

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys, I finished up a dodge challenger this morning but am waiting for details to dry. I will post it tonight hopefully. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts