Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some luck, at a sale and picked up an unbuilt model, still in the original box. The top of the box reads - "Champion Sports Cars" Jaguar XK-120 Scale Model. The scale appears to to be about 1/32 and the model is molded in blue. The model is complete & unbuilt but unfortunately, no instruction sheet is in the box. The side of the box contains a logo of a large blue "A", within a yellow field and circled with a black ovel. There is a small "M" & "C" within the right leg of the "A". Around the large "A", on the black ovel is printed. "New York City Made in USA". The copyright date 1954 appears on the side of the box along with Scale Model Kit No. 14. I've never heard of the AMC company and would be grateful for any information or any information on this series.

Before I forget there are graphics for additional models in this series. Corvette, Ferrari, Cunningham, MG, and Alfa Romeo. Sorry no photos available but would still value any assistance. Thanks !!!!!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Advance Molding Corporation

The Advance Molding Corporation sold models of the Ferrari America, Ferrari Sporster convertible, Cunningham, Jaguar XK-120, and MG-TD. So far as I know, the Alfa Romeo and Corvette were never issued. The scale is 1/32. In 1959 Aurora added the Advance cars to its line of kits. This was the beginning of Aurora's extensive collection of 1/32 scale sports cars and hot rods.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much for the information - I'm familiar with Aurora models but never heard of the Advance Molding Corp. With permission I will tell you I paid $1.00 for the kit. Box had one small tear in the bottom but repaired that tonight. Again thanks for the info.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
The first two models I ever built were the Cunningham and the MG-TC from that series, in Aurora packaging. Thanks for the history lesson!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts