Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[url=http://photos.hobbytalk.com/showphoto.php/photo/36727]
[/url] I found this in a old barn . evrything was to it just needs oiling when does this date back to and how much is it worth?? more pictures in my archives.

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
I wish I could give you a definitive answer, I haven't toyed with lionel since I was a kid... some 38 years ago. A clue might be printed on the transformer, but that will be a ball park estimate. The trains may be older or newer. My advice is to start looking at listings on ebay and see if you can find matches to them. I will venture a guess and say you found a bit of $$ in that barn find!! Not millions, but certainly in the hundreds for the lot.. It all depends on when it was made and how many are left.. Good luck in your search!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! it works it came with 2 train stations, 2 generators a log cabin lionel set, with all horses and cows, all tracks, rail road crossing . I couldnt find no set like this on ebay or anywhere else.

·
Registered
789 Posts
The train looks to be a Marxx train not Lionel as does the transformer in the picture.

Is it metal or plastic?

I'm guessing but I'd put it as made in the mid 50's to early 60's.

The Locomotive is a Marxx if I'm looking at the logo right.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Offhand, the Lionel General set is worth more than the Marx 1829 set.

Best to contact the local chapter of the Train Collector's Association. Tell the president that you need some trains appraised.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts