Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All.

I am new to this board but have been building scifi models for over 35 years. So far I have over 200, some that I built in 65. My wife stores all in a closet except the 3 I love the most, The 3 foot nautilus from 20k under the sea, the Cygus from Blackhole "all done with black light paint and a resin Fireball XL5. Those I have in display cases in the living room.
Well, I already have 2 J2's from Lunar Models the 16 and 24 both with interiors and she thought that the directions were just old ones from those models and out they went. I JUST BOUGHT THE POLAR LIGHTS J2! and I haven't even started it. I even had my air brush out and all ready to go to work.
I was hoping that just maybe someone out there might be able to ummm, copy and email me a set or even fax them if possible? I sure would appreciate it. Or maybe give me an another idea. I already tried calling Polar Lights and they said that they can't help.

Anyway, thank you very much and I will be seeing you around the boards.

Kindest Regards Rob Walker

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Rob, I'm scanning them in now. Four pages of instructions (I assume you don't want to bother with the introduction page?) at between 200 and 250 kb each, is that okay? I don't know your connection/modem speed. JPEG format, 700 pixels wide so they're printable w/o resizing.

Welcome to the BB! :)

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Oh! I don't see a way to attach files to the automated email thing here. If you want to PM me with your email address, I can send them to you. They aren't crystal clear, but you can read them.

Here's something else I rememeber, you might have found it already - when you snap the windscreen in place, it distorts the upper edge of the upper fuselage and the roof won't sit flat. You can fix that by shaving down the pegs or using a needle file on the windscreen where the pegs meet it.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Rob, if you see it here before you check your mail - they're sent. Two emails with two scans each. They took a few moments leaving the outbox, and that's with a DSL hookup, so be patient while they download! :eek: Let me know if they don't come through, I'll try again at your work address.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts