Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok,I was at Wal-Mart today, and I bought the brand-new JL card 69'Chevrolet Camaro Conv., and I was just on the actual website, and it said the release date is January 07'. Please tell me, this is a prototype, or is the site just wrong? My cast number also isn't 265,its 292. The site said that the casting number is 265.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Blingy said:
Ok,I was at Wal-Mart today, and I bought the brand-new JL card 69'Chevrolet Camaro Conv., and I was just on the actual website, and it said the release date is January 07'. Please tell me, this is a prototype, or is the site just wrong? My cast number also isn't 265,its 292. The site said that the casting number is 265.
Are you saying the new Johnny's are showing up in Mass, Blingy??? Haven't seen them anywhere in RI yet.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Blingy said:
Is that the Retro Camaro? If it is, I heard of people finding them already. I don't think you have a Protoype. :(

·
Registered
123 Posts
they are begining to show up at wal-marts here in cleveland tennessee and around calhoun ga. . DR. olds and I have gotten quite a few of them so far ( but no camaro ) as for casting numbers hmmmmm, cant tell ya why they are different than the site says.
my son has found the camaro and says the casting # is also 292
GOD bless
wayne james ( modelocar )

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
carnut2256 said:
Are you saying the new Johnny's are showing up in Mass, Blingy??? Haven't seen them anywhere in RI yet.
Ok,Thanks guys. Yeh Rich, I got the Vert. at the Swansea Mall,With the Wal-Mart inside it. Last one there, Had to pick it up.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Blingy said:
Ok,Thanks guys. Yeh Rich, I got the Vert. at the Swansea Mall,With the Wal-Mart inside it. Last one there, Had to pick it up.
I saw that one and the Eldorado convertible there on Saturday. I left both 'cause I don't collect either casting (Ford lover).

I haven't fromed an opinion on the new packaging yet though. Looks to me like they're gonna require more space to store if you're not an opener. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Blingy said:
Hmmmm......jlcollector.com has cast #292 listed for the '61-'62 Ford Thunderbird....And, as you pointed out, #265 is the '69 Camaro vert. Does the base actually have 292 stamped on it? :freak:

BTW folks, ain't it great to be talking about new Johnnies?? :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Die-Cast Casting-Numbers

DadsCoronet said:
Hmmmm......jlcollector.com has cast #292 listed for the '61-'62 Ford Thunderbird....And, as you pointed out, #265 is the '69 Camaro vert. Does the base actually have 292 stamped on it? :freak:

BTW folks, ain't it great to be talking about new Johnnies?? :)
All,

My sample of the Johnny Retro 1969 Camaro Convertible has the number 265 cast into the chassis on the passenger side in the back.

JLCollector.com is correct. Casting #292 is a Thunderbird.

My production sample also has the number 292 tampo-printed in black on the chassis, approximately underneath the passenger seat. This isn't the casting number. It's a number the factory uses for record keeping. The complete number on my car is 292 6 DO 01.

Is that what you're seeing?

Mac

1 - 13 of 13 Posts