Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here so I haven't really caught on with everything and many time some posts seems really cryptic to me. Can someone give me a recap of who (if any) works at Playing Mantis? Who here designs cars? Who's a really big fan of Johnny Lightning cars? (just kidding. we all are) I just need a Johhny Lightning/Hobbytalk in a nutshell review. Also, a little info on the sposor Troncalli Motors, Inc.

Thanks!!!

:rolleyes: :confused: :freak:

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
To answer some of your questions (and I don't know everything either)....

Tom Lowe was President of PM. (until recently with the RC2 buyout...yada,yada...he's still with the company overseeing stuff though.)

Hot Rod Al is a former PM car designer.

Gray-Headed Art and LT1Tony are present car designers.

PMS485 is the cardboard decorator............Well what else should I call ya? :lol: ;) (Graphic designer--he's also done a few flame jobs on some of the Street Freaks..and more to come, I think.)

Mac Ragan is......I don't what you would call him....product manager, I guess? (Let's say Semi-head honcho)

Jeff Koch...former product manager.

higgprime is the former PM/JL web guy.

I think that's it....sorry if I forgot anyone.

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,702 Posts
Porsche911GT3 said:
. . . I think that's it....sorry if I forgot anyone.
Ummmm . . . Hello? Jeff Koch used to work there too. How quickly we forget, hey JK? :)

'Doba

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Jeff Koch said:
That's OK. I know there are plenty who would like to try real hard to forget me. BUT I WON'T LET YOU. Bwahahahahahaha.

jk
That we know, Jeff.
Seriously, it is nice to see that you have time to stop by occasionally.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Polar lights

I am from the former Polar Lights Forum and thought I would come over to see if you have any news about what is going on with RC2. Will RC2 keep
sponsoring this forum? They gave up on our forum.

R

·
0 Posts
Lloyd Collins said:
I am from the former Polar Lights Forum and thought I would come over to see if you have any news about what is going on with RC2. Will RC2 keep
sponsoring this forum? They gave up on our forum.
Lloyd

Playing Mantis/Johnny Lightning/RC2 has not sponsored this board for a long time. They dropped us like 3 years ago. We are privately sponsored by Troncalli Motors now. The JL guys stop in, but Bobby is footing all the bills. We have been jealous of your direct support......

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
robmcin said:
Lloyd

Playing Mantis/Johnny Lightning/RC2 has not sponsored this board for a long time. They dropped us like 3 years ago. We are privately sponsored by Troncalli Motors now. The JL guys stop in, but Bobby is footing all the bills. We have been jealous of your direct support......
Thanks for the reply here and over at PL. I was hoping somebody knew what RC2 is up to so I guess we well never know. Yes we will survive.Thanks. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Lloyd

I go over to PM often. When was the last time someone from your board talked to Metzner? Neither he nor Tom was at the show and you're asking for Big Frankie like nothing's going on? Hmmm, I'm not sure where to start for your group. Then again, after Fest I'm not sure your guys care as long as the figure gets made or the repop is done. When I say you, I mean that side of the board in general, not you specifically. Good luck Lloyd.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts