Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hooray!! All I can say is that it's an awsome kit & I wish they were still in stock! This was a comission for a friend at work, so I know it's got a good home as she's a Simpsons/Futurama addict.

For the base, I combined the provided "moon", a wood plaque & an image I found on the net. It turned out really good & I'm really happy with it. The only mods I did to the kit were sanding off the stripe, portholes & rivits. I replaced them with some half-round, tube styrene slices & pin heads. The light green body paint is a custom mix.

Here's the link to the whole Photobucket folder:
http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/Prince_of_Styrene_II/Planet%20Express/
Comments welcome! Enjoy!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Beautiful build-up, and I like the base too!

I just wish Skyhook had watched Futurama a little more carefully, the basic shape of the Planet Express is wrong, it should be more horseshoe shaped ala' the Fantastic Voyage Proteus.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I'm real happy with how it turned out, too. A shame I have to give it away! ;)

the basic shape of the Planet Express is wrong, it should be more horseshoe shaped ala' the Fantastic Voyage Proteus.
Yea, on the show it is a bit more fat but the kit is just so much fun, I can overlook it.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Awesome job on that, Andy! I'm sure you're co-worker will be extremely proud to have that on her desktop or shelf. :)

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. Yea, I'm sure she'll be happy with it. She was just getting giddy with the in-progress shots, so I'm sure she'll love it. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts