Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to add a plane or helicopter to my MB/Hotwheels display. I would like it to be as close in scale to the cars. Is there a scale that you have found "fits" best, ie. most realistic? Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
I wanted to add a plane or helicopter to my MB/Hotwheels display. I would like it to be as close in scale to the cars. Is there a scale that you have found "fits" best, ie. most realistic? Thanks

Matchbox and Hot Wheels are called 1:64 scale, but the scale isn't exactally 1:64 with most cars.

I found 1:72 scale Corgi diecast planes to be the best scale displaying various 1:64 scale diecast cars. The Corgi planes have more detail than most 1:64 scale diecast cars.

Here's a Hot Wheels Cougar with a Corgi 1:72 scale Corgi P-40.

A Johnny Lightning Mustang with a Corgi 1:72 scale P-51D Mustang.

A Hot Wheels 1938 Corsair with a Corgi 1:72 scale Corsair.

A Johnny Lightning Thunderbolt with a Corgi 1:72 scale P-47 Thunderbolt.

I don't have any 1:72 scale Corgi helicopters, But they are very nice.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Corgi also made some nice 1:32 scale diecast planes.

Here's a 1:32 scale Corgi P-51D. Sorry, but I didn't have a 1:32 scale diecast car handy to display with the plane.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
You are welcome Cygator. :wave:

Hope I was of some help.

Post some pictures if you get any planes with your MB or HW cars.

Below is a picture of a 1:72 scale Corgi Spitfire and a 1:72 scale Shrock Brothers 1937 Studebaker. Both are pretty much 1:72. The car looks larger than it is because of the camera angle.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Nice planes and photos, Stutz. Love the pair of Corsairs...:thumbsup:

:wave:

Thanks 54B. :wave:

Being a "Baa Baa Black Sheep" fan, I had to get the pewter Corsair made by Danbury Mint, and a siren like the one used in "Baa Baa Black Sheep".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts