Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just rented a church yard sale table, which will be held on a main street. I would like to sell some of my new on card 2003 collection. I am setting prices for all of my other items but of course do not want to put stickers on the blister cards. Most were purchased at KayBee last year, and I likely paid $0.50 to $1.00 or so for each one. What do you suggest as a good pricing strategy? I was thinking of 75 cents each, with the offer to buy 2 for a $1. I am going to be running this show by myself so maybe it would just be easier to charge 50 cents. Any suggestions for a good pricing strategy. I am relunctantly going to just lay them on the table for people to "paw" through, so people can make their own choices. Looking for your good ideas? :)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
pricing

Step 1 is to remove the KB price tag.
Step 2 price them at 1-2 bucks. I sell mine at car shows for $2 all of the time.
In your case people might be a little hesitant to buy at the higher price, but $1 is still good. $1.50 just causes change problems, unless you have a few rolls of quarters. good luck selling..
LAter...

·
Registered
214 Posts
i would say sell them for $1 max. remember these are 2003 cars and most can still be found at the stores. unless you are talking treasure hunts, you need more than $1 for them.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Guess it depends where you live in the USA....The going rate for older FE in NM is about 50c...
I tried to sell some at 3 for $5.00.. Took most of them home. The next show I tried for $1.00 each and no takers.... At 50c I got rid of over 8 cases...,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts