Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I asked this before, but does anyone buy PL kits at Hobby Lobby?

I think they have great prices sometimes. :devil:

James :)

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
When they have the kits that I don't already have, and they have their famous half-off sale, heck yeah I buy kits at Hobby Lobby! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
92 Posts
My local Hobby Lobby didn't have much for PL models...in fact, the only PL model I'm sure that they have there is the NX-01 (and I'm positive of that because I purchased one of the three they had on the shelves). I also see them needing to clear LOTS of room for the 1/350 E (assuming they get it in...) :D

Thall10000: According to hobbylobby.com, there's no Hobby Lobby in California period.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I buy from our Hobby Lobby in Pekin, IL whenever they have the PL kits I want. They have good prices, especially when they're having a half-price sale. My immediate problem is that they get some kits, like the 1/1000 TOS Enterprise in, sell out, then don't restock. Some kits, like the D-7, never appeared at all. I've spoken with the WONDERFUL lady that runs the model section, and according to her, what they get is out of her hands. I've tried having them order kits that their sheets say are available, but I haven't received one yet. Those I usually go to Modelers Vault or Doll and Hobby to get.

Larry

:wave:

·
Registered
76 Posts
EvilWays said:
Thall10000: According to hobbylobby.com, there's no Hobby Lobby in California period.
You would think that San Diego, being one of the top ten cities population wise in the U.S.A. would have a decent hobby store?

Tim

·
Registered
775 Posts
Yep, Hobby Lobby in Monroe LA. Normally don't hit it until the half price sale. Picked up 2 NX-01's for about $22.00 each. Have yet to find an Invaders UFO or LOTG Snake Scene there yet, tho. And the only figure kits I have seen are the Spiderman and Hulk kits.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I should've waited 2 days before purchasing my NX-01 from Hobby Lobby (purchased it on Friday, and of course their half off sale started Sunday). Of course, I'm broke this week and can't take advantage of this sale to snag the other two NX-01 kits that are on the shelf yet... :mad:

·
I make movies
2,575 Posts
Man, thanks for the reminder, I have been trying since this kit came out to snag one a half-off from Hobby Lobby. But they have always been out of stock!

But not tonight!!! Tonight I SCORED! :thumbsup: :wave:

I am pleased. :tongue:

·
Starship Class
11,829 Posts
NEW HOBBY LOBBY IN WEST COLUMBIA, SC! Woo-hoo! Went there today and picked up a couple of Herbies half off.

They had an NX-01 ($25.00 at half off) in stock but I'm still not sure about that one. No other ST stuff yet.

There was a place for some D7s but none in sight.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I occasionaly pick stuff up there when it's half price. My local HL usually gets stuff months after the release date though. I don't think I've ever seen the Trek kits there.

LGFugate: Larry, try the Hobby Town in the new mall on the west side of Peoria. They usually have a good supply of PL Trek kits. Not the lowest prices but they have them.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Normlbd - Thanks! Do you know the name of that new mall? I haven't heard of any new ones since The Shops At Grand Prairie....

Larry

1 - 15 of 15 Posts