Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was at the Comic Con in San Diego and i went to the PL booth and asked a guy about the CA model. he said they were not sure about the release date. he only saw a prototype and said it could even be released at the begining of next year!!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I have a first test shot now. The kit fits reasonably well for a first shot. I expect that we will be ready for production pretty quickly. The stuff that needs to be fixed is all fairly simple to fix. My best guess is that we'll ship the kit this fall as I've been saying all along. I can't imagine slipping into next year!
Dave

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Thanks for the update Dave. Don't suppose you've got a pic of the test shot to share?

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
origAurora buyer said:
I'm looking forward to a figure kit....it's been too long! So long... I forgot what color do I paint the nacelles on figures?

OAB
OAB, That's nothing, the real challenge is the Aztec pattern on Caps armor!

·
"I don't say much"
1,298 Posts
Thanks for the update Dave, alot of us old timers have been on the edge of our seats waiting for the release of CA.

RK

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
i may have asked this before ( dang i hate gettin' old ) but was the Captain originally released in 1/8th scale or will this one be upscaled ( not that there's anything wrong with that ) ?
hb

·
"I don't say much"
1,298 Posts
I believe that the original CA is the same scale as Spiderman and The Hulk. So, It will be super sized.

RK

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
AT FIRST I didn't Like the "Up Sizing" BUT now no Pun intended, they've GROWN on me! lol ...Sorry I had an original Cap in the Cereal Type (Comic Scenes) Box it was molded in a really Vibrant Blue. Any idea what the PL kit will be Molded in Dave? (Plastic Yes I know but Color? lol) Why do I care? I dunno BTW I was also wondering when you guys do one of those "Test Shots" is it always in the same color that the Kits for sale to us will be? This I ask cause I used to work at a Factory that made Injection Molded Plastic Carrages for Shopping Carts (Like Wal-Marts) Anyhoo The Injection Machines would be filled with these MILLIONS of little Plastic Pellets that where whatever color we needed (like Red for K-Mart Etc) Then when we would switch to Another Color of Pellets,Say Green or Yellow for another Store the Techs (Me) would have to Run a few "Junk" Carragesto allow the Remnants of the First color to be Purged COMPLETLEY from the Machine. As soon as the Solid Color we wanted Began coming through then we could Proceed. Well The First few that came out when we did this looked like a Shopping Cart that should be used at a Grateful Dead Concert! lol We'd get Four or Five that were Rainbow Colored Tie-Died Things (Kinda Pretty Actually) I saved a few of the Seat Flaps (Don't know whylol) But I wondered if this is ANYTHING like the Production of your Kits Dave? Do they Start with Plastic Pellets?

JOHN/LONFAN

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I think the original long box issue was molded in that blue too. I remember when Aurora used two twin pack this kit with the LIS kits. I think it was Cap & the Robot and Hulk was paired with the Clops.

Say MMM - how are you coming along with that original Cap you were redoing??

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Hey Jimmy, Aurora actually released those Combo packs? Wow Never Herd of that in ANY info/History. Thats like the PL Batman Combo Packs I've seen at TRU Thanks for the info...But I wonder how they decided Which ones would make a good Combination? "Learn Sumptin New...."

JOHN/LONFAN

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Lon,
Our kits start life as plastic pellets, just like injection molded shopping carts.
I don't think we've picked production colors yet.

Dave

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Jimmy B... thanks for asking,

My original Cap is coming along pretty well...I've been working on the base and have a base coat on it and started to work on the rock wall. The wall has paint on it and is coming along nicely. The Cap himself also has a base coat on him but will need some serious putty and seam filling/hiding. I was on vacation for 2 weeks and didn't get too much time to work on it. Maybe I can snap a picture tonight and let you see where I am so far...

I just saw a finished CS Captain America from Cappy D and all I can say is I hope mine turns out half as well as his did. I've got a big challenge ahead of me to fix or replace the missing parts!

I want to have this one finished before his super-sized namesake comes to town. They should look pretty cool side-by-side on my shelf.

MMM

1 - 20 of 38 Posts