Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved the Captain America kit I bought on Ebay, It looks like a great kit. Does anyone habe any Build-up pics?

I know I should know this, but is this like the PL issue of The Hulk that PL enlarged from the original Aurora issue?

·
Registered
397 Posts
I just recieved the Captain America kit I bought on Ebay, It looks like a great kit. Does anyone habe any Build-up pics?

I know I should know this, but is this like the PL issue of The Hulk that PL enlarged from the original Aurora issue?
Here's a few pics of my AURORA restore I finished a few months back. May give you some help, or ideas:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the link MMM, good stuff. Geofman: nice build! Your treatment on the base is a thing of beauty - Impressive.
Can't wait to start it after the Mummy and Frankebstien and... Ah, it's a great time to be a big, little kid and have such problems.
Thanks all!

·
Registered
499 Posts
I loved this Aurora kit. I was too young to build it, so my dad made it for me. The uniform was painted too light of a blue, but I loved it. I later snapped him off his base so I could use him as a toy (kids today and their action figure glut have it made).

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
This is a little off subject but is the color around the star on the shield blue or black?

Very best,

Jeff
It's whichever you want it to be. Comic book inkers have used both colors over the years in much the same way that they've inked Batman's cape and cowl as either blue or black. Either a dark blue or black are legitimate.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I've been staring at Irocer's pics on and off since yesterday. Staggering work, maybe even better than his PL Spider-Man.

·
Registered
104 Posts
A technical point here -- inkers are not the ones who choose the colors, but rather finish the initial pencil drawings in ink with brush/and or pen. Inkers create the final look of the black and white linework. Color is the domain of the colorist. Of course there are cases in which pencils, inks and colors are done by the same artist -- but typically (in American comics) those jobs have been split up and specialized.

TB

It's whichever you want it to be. Comic book inkers have used both colors over the years in much the same way that they've inked Batman's cape and cowl as either blue or black. Either a dark blue or black are legitimate.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
A technical point here -- inkers are not the ones who choose the colors, but rather finish the initial pencil drawings in ink with brush/and or pen. Inkers create the final look of the black and white linework. Color is the domain of the colorist. Of course there are cases in which pencils, inks and colors are done by the same artist -- but typically (in American comics) those jobs have been split up and specialized.

TB
Good point. Thanks for the clarification.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts