Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently opened my PL Bride of Frank kit to start buildin' it,and discovered 1 missing part,# 22 (the heart) which goes in the lab pan #23. I have been kinda out of the net lately, so I just heard about the changes going on at PL HQ. My Question: Does PL have a customer service/part replacement # that I can reach? I tried the 1 800 MANTIS-8 #,but stayed on hold forever. Never got through. Help!, my Bride is heartless!

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
This may be one of those "good news/ bad news" deals.

The bad news is that you might be outta luck. I don't think that kit is in production and spares might be hard to come by.

The good news is that any modeler with a minimum of seven functioning fingers should be able to fabricate a replacement quite easily.

The actual part consists of a square piece of plastic (which fits into the pan) and a fraction of a heart which is about half the size of the tip of my little finger. You could make the heart with a tiny chunk of putty and couple of pieces of wire insulation for arteries. The molded piece is rather soft and non-descript. A scratchbuilt piece has the potential to be superior and should be a very simple project.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts