Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if R2 is planning to release some more Deluxe Accessory Kits or the Lite Kit in time with the "smooth saucer?"

The few I've seen on E-Bay are tempting, but I DEFINITELY prefer buying only new electronics.

Tom

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent! Any tentative release dates for this, or the "Smooth Saucer?"

Thanks for the info,

Tom

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
I wouldn't take their word as truth on anything. I wouldn't hold my breath. They've cried wolf too many times!
Being wary, cautious, is always wise. On this I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.

It's not making anything new, it's not anything changed, it's just making more of something.

Mind, the Chinese factory could still screw things up, like making wires too short or inferior LEDs or take forever to actually deliver... :)

What I would be worried about is if one is a person who wants to buy the 1/350 Enterprise with the new smooth saucer parts. In that case I would STRONGLY advise people to NOT go for the lowest price when you search and DO NOT trust any, ANY eBay sellers because there are a good amount of first-run kits out there and those idiots will say ANYTHING to offload their stock. Buy from trusted knowledgeable sellers like Cultman or Starship Modeler.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Excellent! Any tentative release dates for this, or the "Smooth Saucer?"

Thanks for the info,

Tom
I got an email today from the online store that R2 uses to sell their kits, and the lighting kit is in stock. It has been said that the smooth saucer is going to be available in September.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got an email today from the online store that R2 uses to sell their kits, and the lighting kit is in stock. It has been said that the smooth saucer is going to be available in September.
Do you have a link to that store?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts