Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just received an e-mail from Mike Reccia.
Look at this: :woohoo:

Volume Twenty-Six of Sci.fi & fantasy modeller promises genre modellers an exciting, exclusive menu of reviews and features, including a special section offering major coverage of and previewing the biggest kit event of 2012 - Polar Lights' 1/350th. Enterprise.

Volume Twenty-Six's includes:

Polar Lights 1/350 Enterprise exclusive: Gary Kerr on researching the original studio miniatures and blueprinting the new release - amazing facts and photographs!
Polar Lights 1/350 Enterprise exclusive: A detailed build of the new kit!
Polar Lights 1/350 Enterprise exclusive: Overview of the first test-shot and kit production progress report!

·
Registered
848 Posts
I hate to contradict the people who have already concluded that the article is simply a rehash of the 1701 Club updates, but my article is way more than that. It's the full "making of" story of the kit, told from my viewpoint, in at least two (and probably three) parts with numerous unpublished illustrations. Part 1 will detail the history & evolution of my Enterprise plans, including the "Trials & Tribble-ation" plans, the 1991-92 restoration, the Remastered series, the Master Replicas Enterprise, and the full-size Galileo mock-up. I'm still writing Part 2, but it will cover the early stages of the development of the 1:350 Polar Lights kit, while the probable Part 3 will go into great detail re. the production of the final kit. For completeness' sake the third part will probably touch on the bow light & grid line debates, which were covered in a 1701 Club update, but that that's just tough.

The other two articles are all-new, too, and include a review of the first test shot, plus Jim Small's story of building the 1st test shots, as well as his contributions to planning the kit.

Gary

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
I was in my LHS today and asked if he carried sci-fi & fantasy modeller magazine and he said he didn't but then he asked what issue and when the issue would be out and I told him so he said he'd see if his distrinbutor could get it for me! Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Sic fi and Fantasy Modeller can be ordered by any comic book store, but you need to tell them in advance so they order enough copies. They might ask for a down payment too.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I received mine yesterday.

This magazine is something that makes your jaw drop!

I am not a very well informed person when it comes to the "Enterprise" although a lifelong fan so, I was completely crazy when I saw the pictures.

Man... what incredible pictures of the old lady "in person"!!! :eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Couldn't pry that magazine out of my hands when it arrived! Fantastic photos and great articles!

(I hope they printed extra copies...this issue is gonna SELL!)

1 - 20 of 150 Posts