Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got back from k-mart. 6:30. the master case of k-day pixar cars was sitting untouched on a table in toys. not a person has yet to show up.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Took my daughter and there were only 4 of us that showed up for 7 cases. We each got the six new cars we needed. Couldn't have gone any better from my perspective.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Maybe this is the beginning of the end, YAY!
Maybe when these no longer sell my local Kmarts will go back to selling JL and GL when these peg cloggers are gone. Maybe the grocery chains will stop getting pixar stuff and go back to getting shippers of basic HW or Classics. This news is over at HWC as well, as long as they don't pump out another movie this means the end is near.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
3 adults, 1 kid at my local K Mart. Lots of leftovers to warm the pegs.
here's pix of the 7 new cars. all with rubber tires...

Vinyl Toupee

Rev-N-Go

Trunk Fresh

Re-Volting

Octane Gain

N20 Cola

Leak Less

I don't buy the cars with the goofy eyes, but they had a few new ones too. There are waaaay too many of them on the pegs.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Maybe this is the beginning of the end, YAY!
Maybe when these no longer sell my local Kmarts will go back to selling JL and GL when these peg cloggers are gone. Maybe the grocery chains will stop getting pixar stuff and go back to getting shippers of basic HW or Classics. This news is over at HWC as well, as long as they don't pump out another movie this means the end is near.
Hate to BURST your bubble but CARS 2 Movie is due out in 2011.

·
Registered
119 Posts
These Cars are great for the children who like them but why the high price point when they are attended for the children ???

I must of seen 200 of these Cars sitting on the table and pegs when I went to Kmart at 7pm. I take it that Mattel made too many ???

Mattel will screw these up just like they did back on the late 70's early 80's in making what doesn't sell and the Retail Stores will feel the pain.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I have lost interest in the Cars line now. My kids aren't as into them and now they are getting way rediculous on the pricing. I saw the pity sets at Target for $20. Then I saw Sarge's Bootcamp for $30 at TRU! Greed, that's what it's all about now.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I was still in to them (I even have a display case just for them) However most sources have dried up here in Ottawa Canada. Christmas is coming, maybe it will pick up.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Hate to BURST your bubble but CARS 2 Movie is due out in 2011.
Not only is the next movie due out, but they created a whole comic book series and short film series so that they could create more characters and more versions of old characters to make diecast of. We are only collecting the characters from the first movie, then we're done. I can't wait to see the second movie because I know it will be great, but I'm not buying any of the diecast from it.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I don't get the success either. I don't have kids though, the movie was cool but I definitely didn't see the merch selling for this long. They are pricy, and the impound chase pieces don't roll! What good is a toy that doesn't roll? It just bugs me that these seem to be taking the place of things I might actually buy. I depend on my grocery stores to deliver my Super Hunts for the year, I am always waiting for one of my local chains to pop out a shipper of HW and it's always dissappointing when the time comes it's pixar or larry's instead. I't always something, transformers/Gijoe/spiderman, and the list goes on. Maybe it will slow down til the next movie, that gives us more than a year!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts