Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes a pivot ball remover for pancars?
I borrowed one at the track last sat. wow what a neat tool!
He could not remember who made it .. :p

·
Registered
173 Posts
I tried to find this on their site, but without success. Could anyone point me in the right direction. A picture would be nice. A nice set of installation pliers is made by Heli-Max and sold through Tower, but unfortunately they do not remove the ball cups. They are rather expensive at $32.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Lowest cost tool= 5/8 4-40 socket screw,plain 4-40 nut and servo saver adapter from large Kimb.Pull the pivot ball out of the arm into the ss adapter to remove-pull pivot ball into arm with ss adapter as flange under lower arm.Not as slick as the Racetech tool, but most of the stuff is probably already in your toolbox.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
calvin said:
I tried to find this on their site, but without success. Could anyone point me in the right direction. A picture would be nice. A nice set of installation pliers is made by Heli-Max and sold through Tower, but unfortunately they do not remove the ball cups. They are rather expensive at $32.
Calvin,

Look on the racetech price sheet at accessories area I just saw it there.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks Pepe, I guess I missed it. Found it. I had looked under the tools and accessories sections, didn't think to look under the price list. Thanks again

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Actualy our Pivot ball tool is $11.79. Made from steel and will never have to be bought but twice. First time you buy it then after your friend uses it and claims it for him/herself......lol

Plenty in stock and shipping a bunch to MSA tomorrow.

Part # R9020

Billy @ Bolink/Raceteck/Dragmaster

H

·
0 Posts
Like alot of Bolink/Racetech products, they may be hard to get right now.
Some online sites have removed Racetech from their listing. Racer's Edge may also make one. The homemade way works but the tool itself is easy and sure.

Checked Tower (items show discontinued) and Stormer has no listing for Racetech products. Wonder if one of the oval sites rc4less or one those listed here may have one in stock. Found one for $11.95 made by raceway mfg, site same as the racetech one.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I just use the shaft of the sanding drum for the dremel. I just don't like carrying my dremel around just to remove a pivot ball though.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts