Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Pistachio" 1964 Impala with Far Out Flames

I've got more than enough of these little HW 1964 Impalas on hand but if anyone is looking for the casting it is back out on the pegs in a repaint.

On a scale of 1 - 10 in needing the necessary filing and sanding for cleanup, it's a 5.
The front edge of the Hood is horrible but a little filing and sanding and wrapping the front cap with Decals and she comes out nice and sharp.

I left the black interior in this one and the next one to show just how nice a clean white interior is.

This one is Primed and then the Roof is shot a special mixture of SnowWhite Pearl and a drop of Organic Green Intensifier, changing it intoa Minty Pearl Green.
The Roof is then lightly InterCoat Cleared, taped and the body is shot Shimrin White.

Custom fit Psychedelic Flames are applied,
Front and Rear Windshield trim is freehanded,
Tailights and rear badge is detailed,
Headlights are detailed,
Custom Cut Chrome Center Caps change ordinary HW rims into exact copies of a period correct '63 ThunderBird Rim.

Rivet Reassembly for that permanent clean professional look.

ClearCoated with House Of Kolor Urethane Enamel Clear and a dash of Brilliant Gold Pearl Powder!!!!!!!

All Products Used Are Exclusively House Of Kolor, Of Course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Decals are printed on Clear InkJet Decal Paper from Papilio.com

With 2 different Chevy Clubs coming to the 50th Annual Houston AutoRama I'm trying to finsh as many of these Impalas, Chevelles and Novas as I can.

--CadillacPat the UnCustomizer--
Keeping the ZING in CustomiZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
I couldnt make even one of these this nice and you make an assembly line. The wood grain is still my favorite. But I do like the added green behind the headlights.
I gotta ask... Are these decals one piece made to wrap around the body, or placed on in different pieces like a small puzzle? It sure doesnt look like an easy application.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I couldnt make even one of these this nice and you make an assembly line. The wood grain is still my favorite. But I do like the added green behind the headlights.
I gotta ask... Are these decals one piece made to wrap around the body, or placed on in different pieces like a small puzzle? It sure doesnt look like an easy application.
Where yat Bob,

I do make a one piece front cap wrap Decal that goes across the Hood and all the way down the sides for my Route 66 HW '69 GTO's.
It's a little tricky but not too hard once you've done a few.
Here's a pic.

These Novas, Impalas and Chevelles I've been posting are all 3 separate pieces designed to Custom fit specific castings.
They're relatively easy to apply but the right tools must be used to make them lay down perfectly.

Let me take a picture and I'll post what items I use for proper Decal application.

Thanks Man,

I've got boxes of extra Decals laying around and I'm sending some spares to CamaroRS, I'll slip some in an envelope for you also.

--CadillacPat the UnCustomizer--
Keeping the ZING in CustomiZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts