Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 69 hurst/olds is my favorite of all oldsmobiles,the JL hurst/olds,well its a pretty bad casting,so when I found the new retro 69 442 ,I thought I would try and make it better,still got some gold striping to do,and Im still working on the hood scoop,and I hadnt even started building the rear spoiler yet,but I thought I would post what I got so far.the wheels are HW,the scoop and spoiler will be made from evergreen plastic.hope you like it.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Looks great! Say...a number of years back....HW made a really nice 69 H/O...looks like you used the wheels. Wheels make a car....and being the pickey guy I am, I gotta tell ya...the wheels should be dark grey..not gold. They were gold starting in 72.

I sure hope JL does do an H/O version....and not just put stripes on the car without adding the scoop and wing....

As for the spoiler, couldn't you just repaint one from one of the various JL 70-72 442s?

Here's a picture of a HW 69 H/O that I detailed and made into a mini R/C car. The tires are from Johnny Lightning.

Again, great work!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts