Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a year ago I traded these Pintos for some HWs that I didn't like (trust me it wasn't TH)...and must later on that year someone told that the one with white tire is a White lightning car....Its was one of thoses lucky moments with JLs hunting....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Or Maybe, he and his Friends place a Chevy Small block to be a waken...get it a Sleeper. in Sheep Skin...:lol:

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
My wife had one of the first Pintos made - 71, I think, when we met and got married. For some reason it had a larger engine than any Pinto we ever saw come later, but it came straight from the factory with it - I think it was an 1800 cc when the stock was 1600 or else it was a 2300 when the largest available was a 1800, don't ask me the specifics anymore, it's been too long. I just remember it was a speedy little thing. It had a 4 speed on the floor, steel-belted radials (new thing then), mcpherson struts suspension and was a blast to drive. It was very low to the ground, wide for its length and size, so you could it sling it through the mountain curves like it was a sports car - actually passed a jag on a mountain road with it once. I have fond memories of that little car. It actually was a good little car. It eventually was passed on to a nephew who, of course, ended up wrecking/totaling it - and no, the gas tank didn't explode! But a sorry ending, nonetheless, to a fun little car.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Duncan, it probably had the 2000 under the hood. I had a '72 with that engine and I agree it was a fun car to drive and handled very well.

There's a guy I see occasionally around town driving what looks like a completely original Pinto wagon, probably a '72 or '73. It looks like it's in very good condition.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Duncan, it probably had the 2000 under the hood. I had a '72 with that engine and I agree it was a fun car to drive and handled very well.

There's a guy I see occasionally around town driving what looks like a completely original Pinto wagon, probably a '72 or '73. It looks like it's in very good condition.
2000! Yeah! That was it!

That's interesting, too, because we have never run into anyone else who had that engine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts