Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody out there have a small pile of gears they can spare? I've been collecting for awhile, and think I can make a 2 speed/2 gear chassis, but I need to find gears that'll sinc up. Hopefully, I'll find what I need in a small ziploc bag, gears/spindles/axles. I'm doing this for my own curiosity.. I'll gladly share what I figure out with the donor of the gears. It'll have to be more than just 2 or 3 types of chassis though, I need a good selection to get good results. I figure $5 or so to cover the cost of shipping..
And for the interesting part.. Basically, it has the same speed as an AFX non-mag chassis.. Should it bolt out twice as fast with the same top speed, or normal off the line, but twice as fast? I already know the 2 'gears' work, I just need to find them. I set up a 12 foot drag strip for my nieces this summer, and that's where I got the idea.

·
BANNED
8,106 Posts
Aurora made a two speed inline car that had two crown gears, both ratcheting, and a custom controller that could reverse polarity, spinning the armature in the other direction and shifting to the other crown gear.
I would be interested in knowing what your plan is before dedicating parts for free.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I told you what the plan was, there'd be no reason for you to give up the gears.. Tell you what.. Sell me the pile of gears and I'll keep the secret to myself. I already know it'll work if I can salvage the right gears from a pile. Anybody can if they think outside the box.

There's another way to give any chassis out there a short 'nitrous' boost.. I doubt it's illegal, but that's only because no one's been caught doing it... I definitely need help figuring out how not to burn up the chassis though.. I'll have to check youtube videos to see if I can teach myself how to rig it up. Half a second too long is all it'd take to smoke your chassis. The cars today go fast enough already. Unless you had at least a 15 foot long drag strip, plus another 10 feet to slow down afterwards, you'd probably have to dig what's left of your chassis out of the wall. I wouldn't even test it unless I got the magnets in the bottom of the chassis zapped and balanced. How long would your chassis last if you ran 60-120 watts thru it instead of 20? Can anybody figure out this puzzle? No secondary power source, no extra juice coming from the powerpack, no hidden batteries. How is it done??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts