Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Raced this track for the first time on Saturday, and had a great time! The track was a little on the small side, but it was enjoyable to say the least. Great bunch of guys and potential to be a great track! www.pierpontraceway.com Check it out if you are in the area! It's located right between Cleveland and Pittsburg. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tires

Biggins - For truck I used the T4 kit tires (Directionals, and Holeshots), but I also used Losi taper pins on front and back and they seemed to hook up pretty good.

- For buggy I used x-2000 for the rear and 4 rib wide fronts, but this was on a B3. I think the guys running b4's were running the kit tires with good results.

This is a drivers track, you do not need motor and battery. Come out and have some fun.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ooooooooooh That hurts!!!!

You liked that rookie move didn't you? It's not like I have been doing this for years or anything :rolleyes: It just makes it that much more fun when a fast guy forgets to put his motor springs on, it's hard to feel bad for me ;) See you next week, if I can figure out who you are?????

·
Registered
223 Posts
a few of us from down south are planning a trip on feb 28th Benny will you join us? and bring your round rubber tires

·
Registered
733 Posts
Biggins- I would love to join the boys from PA. I will have to see how things are going then. My wife is due in about a week or so. Racing may have to be put on hold for a few weeks. :(

I ran silver X-2000's and silver wide bodies. Track was very wet when we were practicing. It dried up during the heats though. I also ran silver taper pins for the 1st round. Frank tried M3's, R3's, Pink T-pins. It did not matter to him what tires he used, he still smoked me. :freak:

Biggy-You are a seasoned profesional, you should be fast on gold slicks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Torino,
About what time did racing end?
How many classes ran?
Was it warm enough to use normal shock oil weights?
About how big was the track?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Glitcher-Doors open around 8:00 am, racing starts @ 11:00 am. Frank and I were in the second of 11 heats and we were on the road at 6:45 pm. The regulars said that last Saturday was the most racers ever. They have the temperature set so that you only need a sweat shirt. They use a KO PRO PO lap counting system and transponders have to be switched between cars every race and it adds time to the day. The track is about the size of River Junction, but lap times are in the 16.00 to 20.0 second range. This track is real off-road and chalenging to go fast on, not smooth clay. It puts batteries and motors aside and tests driving skills, or lack of in my case :(

I will email you the results w/ the classes on it.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Torino,Thanks for the update,and the e-mail.
Was it stock or mod in 2wd buggy?
A couple of us are going to try for the 28th.
I'll e-mail you biggins if we can make it.
What about Rico!!!?

·
Registered
620 Posts
hmmm

Hello all, 1st post. I just surfed my way to this forum, logged in and I find a thread about Pierpont. My son and I were just there last weekend. It was our first racing experience. Glad to see others are starting to find out about it. They are racing this Sat. for sure. They also have some racetime's on Tuesday nights. I believe it's 6:30pm -? I emailed pierpont a link to this thread so hopefully we'll have him posting so any questions can be answered. I'm on "keep the peace with the wife" duty this weekend but my son and I should be out there on Tuesday the 17th as well as Sat the 21st. Not sure the following weekend.

Take care and I'm sure I'll see some of you out there. Seems like a good bunch of RC'ers willing to help out the kids as well as offer some competition for the more experienced.

Edit **Note** Just wanted to let you guys know that the track actually doesn't open until 9am. I know the track received some "work" on Wed or Thursday this week so things should feel a little different. Let me find the quote.
I reworked the center last night to make it "racier" and cleaned all of the loose areas. The jumps will be a little soft for a week, but it will be well worth the change.
Enjoy your Saturday and perhaps I'll see some of you the next one. :)

Good Luck!

·
Registered
45 Posts
How many racers show up on tue and sat?
I live abot 2 1/2 hrs from youngstown. How long does it take from youngtown to the track. Im racing at CRCRC in columbus now but might be changing jobs and wont have weekends off but will teusdays.

·
Registered
733 Posts
U812- The track is about an hour north of Youngstown. One of the guys from the track enters the results and e-mails them out to everyone.
I have only been there once, but last Saturday there were around 48 entries. They only put 5 or 6 in a heat because the track is small, but still fun racing.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Torino - Are you a new daddy yet????? Good luck! Hope you can make it back out soon. Anyone racing tonight?

·
Registered
620 Posts
My son and I will be down for our second attempt at making it around the track without wrecking. lol. We'll be trying our hand at the novice level with out Traxxas rustlers. Even though we're n00b's the fun is addictive and we're looking forward to getting better in a hurry.

See you there.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts