Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sanctuary is starting to come together, so my toy collection is finally emerging from the boxes. As some pictures will show, there is more painting to do, more boxes to open, and more arranging to be done. But it is finally beginning to feel like home down there.
One of my Thomas the Tank display units, I have two of them. I'm leaving 3 open shelves at the bottom for my kids' collections.

A small sampling of my Dale Jarrett collection.

A few of my toy Jeeps

How about the Snake and Mongoose?

The train layout. It's a 5' deep "L", 10' x 12'. Right now we have Lionel on there, and since we're low on scenery, I let the boys decorate it with Christmas figures. Soon I'll switch everything over to HO.

Finally, I know it's not toy related but it's one of the few remaining pieces of my youth. A 30 year old tour poster.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One more. This is a 60" x 30" case I built into the wall. There are two more of these under construction. I'm waiting for the weather to warm up a little before I drag the saws back out.

I have 7 Johnny Lightning displays down there, but the flash bounced off the mirrored back and made an awful picture.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Nice setup. Totally funny. I have the same giant Cartman mixed in with my diecast collection.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should have taken shots of the stairwell then, that's all South Park. I've got giant cardboard heads of Stan, Kyle, Kenny, Chef and Mr. Garrison, as well as the original movie poster. I have the Cartman head, but he hangs in the garage. That was just given to me recently, and the previous owner had it near a window, so it is too faded to display next to my original group. :rolleyes:

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
scrambler81 said:
I should have taken shots of the stairwell then, that's all South Park. I've got giant cardboard heads of Stan, Kyle, Kenny, Chef and Mr. Garrison, as well as the original movie poster. I have the Cartman head, but he hangs in the garage. That was just given to me recently, and the previous owner had it near a window, so it is too faded to display next to my original group. :rolleyes:
"WHERE"S MY YELLOW MEGA MAN" :lol:

Nice display. I can relate to a collection basement. It's great to have.It's great to collect what you like. :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts