Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After lookinng at carnut2256's post for race car pics I thought we should kick it down a notch and give your favorite daily driver that you have had. Yes that one car you wish haden't been wrecked or sold.
Post the link in between the
and let her rip!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
This is as close as I can find. Mine was a 1998 F150 XLT 4x4, desert sand w/black on the bottom. Standard cab, standard bed, a 4.6 V8 with 5 speed and a manual transfer case(trans and case were "delete" options), and the 6 spoke cast wheels. I'd always wanted a short wheelbase Ford, and I finally gave in and ordered one. After my son was born, I realized that I couldn't reach 4th or reverse with the child seat in place. After about a year with my wife sitting in the middle, I traded it in for a 2001 F150 SuperCrew. Beautiful truck, but just not the same. :cry:

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Still have it! Bought it out of a barn in 1986
The one that got away...Picture this in a deep dark metallic green..My first car...*sniff,sniff*...I miss the Tank!

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Pantera

MY favorite car of all time............tough question.
have owned some terrific cars, and still do. some have been let go to finance new ones.
My '69 Dart Swinger 340 comes to mind.
here we are:

·
Registered
971 Posts
Bought new in 1971 by my mom while I was still in high school.

Ours was Aztec Gold (I think that was the color) with a brown interior that looked and even smelled like brown sugar. 350 2bbl, 350TH, no tinted windows (the ultimate demise of the upholstery!). Mom gave it to me in 1989, I gave it to my brother in 1991, he gave it to his son who sold it 4 years later for $1500. Could have killed him when I found out, never even knew he was going to do it!

Thanks Reddwarf for the tip on pics :thumbsup:
Heres a better example.

Almost forgot about this one. My first new car I bought. Paid $4290 for it, with interest. Sold it a 3 years and 6 wheelbearings later. Fun to drive, but didn't really regret selling it.

·
Registered
499 Posts

1969 Charger R/T SE, 1 of 29 with a factory sunroof. It has power windows, cruise control, air conditioning, leather interior, 6-way drivers seat...WOW!

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
It's not my absolute favorite(the Montego fills that spot) but it is the one I wished I'd kept. 1979 Z/28 Camaro

It even looked the same as in the brochure

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
1968 Cougar

Mine was a 1968 Cougar...
And what a bucket it was... :lol:
But it had potential until it rusted away in my drive way...
Looked kind of like this: (Except for the wheels...)

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
noddaz said:
Mine was a 1968 Cougar...
And what a bucket it was... :lol:
But it had potential until it rusted away in my drive way...
Looked kind of like this: (Except for the wheels...)
We had a gold 68 with brown top we wish we would have kept also.....

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I got rid of mine before digital cameras, so I had to steal this pic from the net:

Mine was more of a bronze color, otherwise this is a pretty good match.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
If we're talking about dream cars, this exact car is #1.... black on black 70 440-6 'Cuda w/ 4spd. Everything about this car is perfect, right down to the steelies w/ dog dishes.

As you can see, it was ebay a few months ago, went for 160 grand. :drunk: In other words, I will probably never be able to aquire my dream car. :(

1 - 20 of 49 Posts