Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me how to post a pic. I will need easy step by step instructions. My computer expertise goes as far as turn it on and click internet.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
There are 2 ways....you can link an attachment, or upload them to your HT photo album.

First try posting an attachment. I don't know what the file limit is, or if there is one, but the limit for the photo album is 90k.

For posting attachments:
1. Click the "Go Advanced" button like you would normally do to post a reply.
2. Click the "Manage attachments" button under the reply window.
3. Click one of the "browse" buttons. This will bring up a dialog box.
4. Search your computer for the picture, after you find it, go back to the HT screen and hit the "upload" button.

That should do it, but I've never used this method. I use the photo album.

Hope that helps. Ask if you don't understand something. :wave:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
41-willys
  • Double click your right mouse button on the picture you want to show.
  • A box will open up with several option and an option called "properties" which is at the bottom of those options.
  • Double click with your left mouse button on properties.
  • A big blue box will appear and in that box is an HTTP address.
  • Highlite that whole Http address and then click your right mouse button and click on the word "COPY".
Now go to your thread box on Hobbytalk.
  • Click on "NEW THREAD"
  • When message box appears,type into the message field type in what you want to say.
  • Next, using mouse, click the YELLOW box above the message field(yellow box that looks like it has two dark mountains and a little black square in it's upper right corner)
  • A script prompt box will open. Right click your mouse over the highlited blue Http:// in the white box area and then when the options box appears, left click on the word "Paste". This will put the Http address of the picture you want to post in that white box.
  • Now just click the OK BUTTON in the script promp box and your picture should now appear in message box of your post.
Hope this helps ya and is simple enough!

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys the directions worked out great.

A new question.
when I tried to post it it said it was too large. How do I make it smaller?
It was something like 109 and can only be 48.8

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
You either need to by some sort of photo shop program, or if you save your photos on an internet photo page like Photobucket, you can resize them there. there are quite a few places to choose from. I use photbucket.

I feel your pain and am learning more each day myself! LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts