Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I have finally managed to work out how to upload photos to my Gallery :rolleyes: I have also bought a better digital camera, which really picks up the detail well. I have posted a few pics of some of the built up kits I have finished. Any input would be appreciated :)

Many Thanks
Ochronosis - UK
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,444 Posts
They all look great to me!! :thumbsup:

I like the Kong and Godzilla!! Which modification kit did you use on Godzilla for the train car he is chomping on?

Huzz
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,930 Posts
Excellent work Ochro !!!! I can't pick out any one to praise over others. And the photography is great too ! ( Ask MadCap about mine ! ?? ) It seems I've got a lot to learn on both subjects.
Dabbler
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,249 Posts
Your pics look good to me. Uploading pictures seems to be a common problem for many people. A friend had to show me how to do it. I felt like a real dummy not knowing how to upload pictures and post them.

There should be a thread "How to upload pictures and post them for Dummies".
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,930 Posts
STUTZ said:
Your pics look good to me. Uploading pictures seems to be a common problem for many people. A friend had to show me how to do it. I felt like a real dummy not knowing how to upload pictures and post them.

There should be a thread "How to upload pictures and post them for Dummies".
DOH ! I think there is ! I thnk mostly because of my request !! ??
Dabbler
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,444 Posts
Doods:

Her is how you upload pictures to the Hobbytalk Photo Album. There are a few steps, but its really pretty easy once you do it a couple of times. Each file you upload must not be bigger than 200K. Here is how you do it.

  1. Click the Photo Album link in the upper right corner here on HobbyTalk.
  2. Log in, if the system prompts you to.
  3. Select the Upload Photos button. If it isn't there, you haven't logged in!
  4. On the Upload Photos page you will see a pull down for "Photos by Subject". Select "Photos by Subject - models". Otherwise, Hankster will move your pictures and they will disappear from your post here.
  5. You will see three slots with a "Browse" button. Use them to select up to three images on your local hard drive to upload.
  6. Hit the Upload/Submit button.
  7. I think after that the thing prompts you to process the image. Do that.
  8. After that, you should see your pictures as thumbnails.
  9. Click on the thumbnail to see the "big picture".
  10. Below the thumbnail you will see a line entitled UBB code. You will see a link or path between two codes. Sorta like [img] [url="http://hobbytalk/computerjargon/gary'spic.jpg"]http://hobbytalk/computerjargon/gary'spic.jpg[/url] [img] Copy everything but the [img] bits at the ends.
    [*]Go into your post.
    [*]Click the little yellow postcard icon for "I[b]nsert Image[/b]". Its the one just below the Paste Button. A dialog box will appear.
    [*]Paste in there the link that you copied above.
    [*]If the [img] bits appear at he beginning and end of the link in the dialog box, just delete them.
    [*]Your picture should appear right in the post.
    [*]Put feet up and drink beer.
    [/list]That will be eight dollars please. ;)

    Huzz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Guys,

Many thanks for the input and kind comments :) Hopefully I will have some more pics to upload soon as I am working on The Forgotten Prisoner of Castel Mare and another King Kong, with the replacement head from Tom Parker at [email protected]. I also had the replacement parts for the Godzilla kit, from him, along with many other parts he has in stock. I have quiet a few kits that I am going to eventually get around to building. The majority of them I will make two copies of, one with the original parts and one with alternative parts.

Dave, Thanks for the step by step guide on how to upload the pictures. I know I will probably end up having problems uploading in the future and this will come in very handy. I know a lot of the other members will find it useful as well. Dabbler, don't worry you are not alone!! I find it easy to build the kits, but nearly impossible to upload anything to the internet!!!! :freak:

Keep up the good work everyone!!

ochronosis - Simon (UK) :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,979 Posts
Dave Hussey said:
Doods:

Her is how you upload pictures to the Hobbytalk Photo Album. There are a few steps, but its really pretty easy once you do it a couple of times. Each file you upload must not be bigger than 200K.

Huzz
I just started using the Hobbytalk Photo Album yesterday and I'm confused by the file size limit. I'm fine with the technical stuff.

I went to the Photo Album FAQ and it said that regular members are limited to maximum of 50k files size per photo. Obviously, I noted a lot (most) photos way over that but I limited mine to under 50k just to be safe.

When I went to the upload page, it said the maximum allowable file size was 2000K! Huh?

You say it's 200K.

I'm trying to find out where the definitive info on file size is located. The FAQ should be updated because I'm clearly looking in the wrong area and I really hate shrinking my files down so much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,444 Posts
So what's the big deal about a few measely decimal places? :)

I suspect Brent that as HobbyTalk's software and server hardware has been upgraded over the years that the permissible file size limits may have changed. That may not have been reflected in the FAQs. The last time I uploaded photos I had to reduce the file size to something smaller than 200k, hence my comment to that effect.

Hankster may have made further upgrades to his system in the interim to permit larger files. The only way to tell is to try and upload a few files larger than 200K and see if it works.

Simon - you are welcome!!

Cheers!!

Huzz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,478 Posts
Brent Gair said:
I just started using the Hobbytalk Photo Album yesterday and I'm confused by the file size limit. I'm fine with the technical stuff.

I went to the Photo Album FAQ and it said that regular members are limited to maximum of 50k files size per photo. Obviously, I noted a lot (most) photos way over that but I limited mine to under 50k just to be safe.

When I went to the upload page, it said the maximum allowable file size was 2000K! Huh?

You say it's 200K.

I'm trying to find out where the definitive info on file size is located. The FAQ should be updated because I'm clearly looking in the wrong area and I really hate shrinking my files down so much.

Hobbytalk supporters can load bigger pictures and get more storage space. Not a bad deal for $20.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top