Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning guys, I must say that I'm extremely pleased with how this project turned out........because it's identical to my 1:1 1970 Chevy longbed truck....with the exception of the grille ;)

I used the white/aqua version Cheyenne.....started by shaving the mirrors off,grinding and fileing the rest of the window openings,added a custom driver's side mirror (just like mine),added a metal T handle floor shifter,detailed out the dash, added an interior rear view mirror,added custom stickers to the rear window (identical to mine) and added the FAT slicks in the rear and skinny's up front.

The body is painted in grey primer...with a heavy guidecoat of purple (matching color to my truck)....then I repainted the rear tail light section, ditched the rear bumper (just like my truck) and I got rid of those ghetto mufflers.....so all you see is frame rails....just like my truck.

This truck resembles my 1:1..........which is why this custom is probably my favorite to date for me.

Enjoy the pics, Brian :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Looking Good

Hi Brian,

That turned out nice and since I got the money order yesterday I guess I won't have to repo it for lack of payment :) How did you do in the show? I did find another one of those the other day so now I have no excuse to get going on one myself. How soon before we see another from ya? Keep up the nice work.

Clark :D

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW ! I've gotta get a few of those JL 1/18th Chevy trucks!!!!! Any idea as to a release date on those?

Clark, thanks again for the smooth deal man.......I had a blast building this custom....and I owe that to you man :wave:

I did go to that show that I told you about........I entered a few cars (my yellow Stang and this Chevy truck for starters) and I didn't even place. I wasn't upset that I didn't place.......I knew right away when a few other cars showed up that I wouldn't......what bothered me is the creepy feeling I got that the "good ol' boys" were the ones taking the winning positions.......and in my opinion it was pretty obvious in one catagory......I even took a minute to relay my disgust to one guy who was running the customs show......but it didn't do any good.......so....such is life :p

I will say that as long as you guys enjoy my work then that's all that matters to me

Right now I do have a 55 Chevy sedan that's in the works........and a slot car custom project also........but I'm kinda concentrating more on the slot project than the 55..........I just need a slight break :jest:

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mopar_man said:
What's up with the cock-eyed wheels and the steering wheel pointing DOWN?

LOL, even if it does come that way you can be sure at least one of those trucks won't remain that way :thumbsup:

·
Registered
192 Posts
TX Street Racer said:
Good morning guys, I must say that I'm extremely pleased with how this project turned out........because it's identical to my 1:1 1970 Chevy longbed truck....with the exception of the grille ;)

I used the white/aqua version Cheyenne.....started by shaving the mirrors off,grinding and fileing the rest of the window openings,added a custom driver's side mirror (just like mine),added a metal T handle floor shifter,detailed out the dash, added an interior rear view mirror,added custom stickers to the rear window (identical to mine) and added the FAT slicks in the rear and skinny's up front.

The body is painted in grey primer...with a heavy guidecoat of purple (matching color to my truck)....then I repainted the rear tail light section, ditched the rear bumper (just like my truck) and I got rid of those ghetto mufflers.....so all you see is frame rails....just like my truck.

This truck resembles my 1:1..........which is why this custom is probably my favorite to date for me.

Enjoy the pics, Brian :thumbsup:
Nicely Done!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts