Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm surprised there isn't a topic yet.

No Spoilers yet please.

I watched the 1st episode. Interesting....

Visually its stunning. The jury is out on the story. It’s very enjoyable to see Jean Luc again.
They have not finished letting the viewer know what the true story is. It’s not a reboot, but it could have a link to the JJ movies, or not. It’s too early to tell.

It's a better 1st episode than Discovery had, and that mostly got better.

Anyone else see it?

·
Elder Statesman
1,856 Posts
I am holding off for a week. I am reading the comic Picard Countdown, a three issue series that leads into the show, the third and last issue comes out next week, so I will delay. Monday night is my television night,so I will start that and season 2 of Netflix Lost in Space Feb. 3rd.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I watched it a second time last night. Most of my 1st impressions stand.

I'm looking forward to reading what others think.

apls, I started LIS season 2 but gave up 15 min into the 1st episode. I'll revisit it I'm sure.

·
Elder Statesman
1,856 Posts
Star Trek Picard comic book is intresting, and a good lead in to the series, I liked first season of Lost in Space, it took risks in season one, that paid off for me. I am sure I will like season 2, I am not that attached to brands, or canon or other things like that. I only detest things, remakes, reimaginings whatever, only if they are lazy.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It would be nice to know the back story. Discovery had shorts that needed to be watched. I don't know where to go to read the comics. I find it odd that they are requiring viewers to go out of their way to find important plot information.

Its like Blade Runner 2049 requiring viewers to watch some internet shorts for the story.

·
Elder Statesman
1,856 Posts
I don't know if there were prequeal comics for Discovery, but there were one offs, I am reading Star Trek Discovery Aftermath, which deals with the Enterprise with Capt. Pike and Spock.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I am not about to subscribe to another streaming channel just for one series, so I will wait for the Blu-rays of Picard to become available and binge watch those like I did with Discovery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts