Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't post over here a whole lot,but I do read the boards here several times a day.

Anyway,I lucked out the other day and found one of the "new casting" JL '67 Chevelles.
I took a black dry erase marker,colored in the wheels,and then wiped of the excess with a q-tip.I think it really makes a big difference,and really makes the car that much better.

Hope you all enjoy the pic.

Mike

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Sounds like a tip I got on a model board I havent tried yet. "The Wash". Mix part paint to part thinner and do just what you did. Works on grills, body lines... etc. Yours came out nice. May have to give it a shot.

·
Registered
300 Posts
needs a touch of paint on the bumper

I noticed on promo photos of this car that they didn't get enough silver paint on those front bumpers. I was hoping it would get fixed on the production cars, no luck. It looks like I will need to paint it myself. That strip of red below the grille really bugs me. If the rest of the car is as good as the photo, then what a great casting. I cant wait!

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Slim:

Thanks for pointing that out with the bumper.I'll have to fix that.

Also,there is trim around the wheel wells that could be painted silver as well.Actually,it comes out better if you carefully scrape the paint away to bare metal with whatever your blade of choice might be.

All said and done tho,I'm not nit picking or saying that anything is wrong with the model,quite the contrary actually.I think it's one of the best ones this year.
I go foir realism in my diecast over anything else,and if it means a little work,so be it.

Mike

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
cool! I learned that trick too! but with black paint.. it's fun to switch around rims too... which is quite easy with the real rubber ties...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.