Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been playing around with my camera and lighting I have set up and am finally learning how to do some simple realistic looking pics... The detail of the casting has alot to do with it as well as the lightning... This is my real house I just sold in the back ground and my real Mustang in the driveway...

I used this GL 442 Olds which came out pretty good...

This one is a GL custom I did, but used it with a trailer to compare sizing... It still seems ok, but I can still see a little reflection in the back drop pic...

This one is the Revell Bullitt Mustang, and the casting looks to be somewhat out of size...

I put alot of time into some of my dioramas and set ups for pics so everyone can get the most enjoyment they can from them... I really try to get the most realistic shots considering the casting I'm photographing... Sometimes the pics look fine to me at the first look and then a few looks later I can see something I did wrong and could have done better... Other times it may be the opposite, I don't like the finished pic at first and then it kinda grows on me... All in all, it's still fun and relates to the most fantastic hobby out there and I'm really happy to be a part of it with all you great guys like me who never completely grew up... Thanks for all the fun and new stuff I have learned here guys !!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Stangfreak,

I really enjoy looking at your all dioramas, they are all absolutely amazing and very realistic. Everyday I am always excited to go to HT website to see what new dioramas you have next. Keep up the great work, again I really enjoy all of them. Thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
I was not going to let this thread pass and not post one more time how much I enjoy your photography. I know how much work goes into even these "simple" pics, and you are one of the best. I know many folks really enjoy the fruit of your labor, keep it up!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
First off, very nice pictures. I'm not an expert by any means, but the one thing that stands out is the mailbox being so large in the picture. Have you thought about shooting the same picture from a greater distance away, then cropping the picture. That way the mailbox is not the foremost object in the picture and the size will be relative to the rest of the house and vehilces. Just a thought ....

Scott

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
LOL! I had not noticed the size of the mailbox...but hey, maybe he gets really BIG checks for his custom work!

Hey Stangfreak, I always loved the photos of the Stangs sitting in the driveway with the open garage door showing more cars inside. Those were as cool as can be, and I am not sure I ever did figure out how you did them!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Great job on those pics I enjoy lookin at your pics!adds to the detail of your already impressive diecast! I gotta change my background which is usually notebook paper

·
Registered
319 Posts
Can't say for sure, maybe worth a try

next time park a car in your shot of,
this will help "frame" it with it in it
might as well shoot it too,
then of course, move the car and
shoot again, camera on tripod would
keep it consistent or have someone
drive it out of the frame
you'll have a picture to compare the
"look" of, when you "fit" your replica
in the picture.

Can't help thinking you were not
far enough back for this photo

ah, trial & error
got 'ta love it

·
Registered
50 Posts
Stangfreak I too enjoy your diorama's and pictures brother so please continue to hook us up with your great imagination and creativity.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts