Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At first my pics were coming out really large. I didnt want to fill the page so I sized one down. They are all coming out kinda small. Now I cant figure out how I did it. I'd like to have them show up a little larger. I have tried but I get "image no longer available from host", or a simple blank page. Any tips on re-sizing? I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree when it come to computers.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
You can size down when you hit the "edit" button, but you can't size back up. You'll have to upload the original again.

Gerry :)

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Bob, under the "Upload image & Videos" button, click on 'more options'. Then a pop up screen will appear with options for whatever size you'd like to use with the free Photobucket account. You will have to upload your pics again, but generally speaking most pics will look good on the boards in 'Large' 640x480. I use the 17" screen option of 1024x768 to upload my pics to PB. Hope this helps!:wave:

After you check whatever size of pic, all pics from then on will be uploaded in that same size.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK... thanks! Thats a big help!!!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Irfanview is a freeware program that will let you do simple tasks like resizing pix on your puter, at your leisure without having to be online to do it. You can copy part of a photo you want to use without having to use the whole pic in addition to several other options.

It's easy to use and you won't know how you got along without it. If you have any problems I'd be glad to help you get through them.

http://www.irfanview.com/

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Irfanview is a freeware program that will let you do simple tasks like resizing pix on your puter, at your leisure without having to be online to do it. You can copy part of a photo you want to use without having to use the whole pic in addition to several other options.

It's easy to use and you won't know how you got along without it. If you have any problems I'd be glad to help you get through them.

http://www.irfanview.com/
OK... I got it. Looks interesting, but I may need some help! I'm not that computer smart. I'll play with it tomorrow, getting late. Does this over-ride photobucket or work with it? I'd love to learn this stuff!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
You use it to edit your photos on your computer then you upload the finished product to your photobucket account.

Open the program and you'll see these tabs across the top. File, Edit, Image, Options, View, and Help. Click File then Open and then look where you have your pix and choose the one you want to resize. Once you have it opened click the Image tab and then choose Resize/Resample. That will open a new window titled Resize/Resample Image and there will be a few options there that will let you choose how you want to resize your image. By Height and Width, Percentage, or preset sizes. Choose an option then click OK at the bottom. Your image will then be resized.

If it suits you click File again and choose Save As. Then rename your new image and save it where you can find it.

If it doesn't suit you click File and choose Reopen to go through the process again without any changes made to your image thus far.

That should get you on your way. If you have any problems let me or someone else know. It's easy once you get the hang of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts