Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Adam Android

Anyone remember Adam Android?

Although I was older when he was on, I remember him best because I was researching a school paper on television advertising, and made the trip from Dover, Delaware to channel 29 (it was WTAF-TV back then) to talk to their advertising staff. I was allowed to go to the set and watch the production of a show.

Yeah, it was primitive in the extreme, but seeing the cameras, lights, and all the behind the scenes stuff was magic. Aldo Farnese (is that right?), who played the titular character, was very open and talkative about his career, and the fellow who did the puppets (Prof Schnitzel, I think) was the same. I even have some old black and white Polaroids from the visit. Somewhere.

Jeff

·
Elder Statesman
1,964 Posts
I can't believe I ran across this thread! I grew up in Philadelphia, live elsewhere now. Just in case nobody knows about this, Gene London, host of the Gene London Show Cartoon Corners, had passed away recently. I was in Atlantic City in 2019, and on display were the Gene London Collection of screen used movie costumes. He would make personal appearances there.I believe that he may have been the last of the kid show hosts from the 1960's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.