Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

This is the same kit I entered in the Aurora/Polar Lights Contest Kick Off last year.

I thought I'd post a new picture of him using my new digital camera.

You can see the colours better than on my older 35mm camera.

Here he is!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Madcap,
Model looks great...neat use of color...this is one kit I'm still missing, but I think a hobby store in Pensacola still has a couple of them left. Great work!!
Opus289

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
VERY COOL! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Well done MCR! The green cape is a nifty change from the traditional red lined cape and works well with the very pale fleshtones.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Nice job MCR. I wish I could I could master my Fugi Finepix to get pix that good. maybe I'll read the book again ! ? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I read a web site that said that the typical Paris Opera capes of those eras could be Green, Blue, Purple or Maroon, all of which would be a crushed velvet. I used Metallic Jade Green from Testors for the colour and then dullcoated it.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Appropriately pasty-faced, and the green is a nice hat tip to the squarebox color scheme (even if you didn't mean it that way). I've seen the usual red lining, also black, gold and a satiny silver-white I went for years ago that didn't quite work. First time for green!

Can't tell from the pic, how'd you get the mottled granite look on the rocks?

Good work - I'm a sucker for new twists on old favs!

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The rocks were all done using spray paint. I spray on a base coat of primer, covered by a gloss grey and then by a very plugged up gloss black spray bomb. Sometimes I might spray some silver over the whole thing, just to add the final glittler.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts