Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
47,905 Posts
I know dozens of people who do this!

The are the much maligned 'scalpers' that are often blamed for others not being able to find castings in their areas. But as you see - if you dont go to the source very often - then you will miss out while some one else has already been there before you. Most of the time it will have been dozens of other shoppers - not just one person!

Eventually you will learn to recognize when they actually stock the toy aisle. Or befriend the inside person who will let you know when the stock is coming in and when it will be placed on the pegs.

At this point it has now become a job for you (or more overly your business venture) to me. And the hobby aspect is being lost in my opinion and no longer something I want to continue doing over and over again.

·
Administrator
47,905 Posts
I dont! I will still rummage thru them.

You will be surprised how many people miss the $TH and the rTH. Or just leave them behind! You can also often find the more desirable castings that the collectors (or your friends) are looking for. I usually have a running list of requests for castings others are looking for at the moment.

Ialso find wheel donors and potential gravity racers as well for myself.

And sometimes just an interesting casting that will fit one of the dormant photo threads or even an active one!

·
Registered
Hot Wheels
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I see something like that at the store I don't even bother looking thru the pegs, I just turn around and leave.
i always look thru no matter what, the second super I ever found was in a picked over bin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts