Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post what I build in less then 30mins.

I went to PENNCON 2012

And for all that " work " I got this....... :whistle:

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Those are cool. My cousin Tally built one of these (Monogram had a couple of them) back in the early 70s. I hadn't really thought about one or even seen one since then. Way cool !

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
I can definitely vouch for Buds love of the oddball kits!!:thumbsup:
He's come up with some very cool pics in the past.
I love this one. Congrats on the bronze my friend.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Chris.:):wave:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hey Dabau....Great Nostalgic build....Nice work...I haven't seen one of these kit's since, I did one back in the Mid '70's.....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's why I do what I do Marty. Love the old odd kits. I like all my modeling friends to remember the old days and the odd kits that we all use to build.

Bud

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks S.Moe. The kit is from 1975. I got this on ebay about a month ago new in box.

Love the Odd Kits.

Bud

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I would've left this in the box if it was unopened. This makes it collectable. Once it's opened it's history, and nostalgia are gone forever! I'd buy one to build (already opened), and one to collect. Try building one of these it a REAL glass bottle - I bet they'd be impressed then! :thumbsup:

~ Chris​

·
Registered
683 Posts
I would've left this in the box if it was unopened. This makes it collectable. Once it's opened it's history, and nostalgia are gone forever! I'd buy one to build (already opened), and one to collect. Try building one of these it a REAL glass bottle - I bet they'd be impressed then! :thumbsup:

~ Chris​

Chris....That's the Beauty of our Hobby......One man's "Collectable Kit", Is another man's "Kit to be Built"...:D......AND, an "OPENED" kit, "DOES NOT" take away it's History or Nostalgia...ONLY from it's "MONETARY" Value....:rolleyes:

MOE

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea I understand what you are saying Dyonisis. But from were I am coming from, you only live once.

Bud

1 - 18 of 18 Posts