Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so Moebius and Round 2 definitely have some cool stuff coming, but the company that has me the most excited is Pegasus Hobbies. They've got some great Sci-Fi stuff coming! Check out this PDF of their new catalogue HERE.

I didn't care for the Cruise/Spielberg WotW movie, but I did think the design for the tripods was great. Looking forward to that kit! And the '53 Martian!!!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Thanks for the link to the catalog - There are several spaceship kits there that I want. I never did pick up that Apollo 27, and I love the UFO!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I have to agree, they are coming out with some great models. However, I wish they would stop "testing the waters" and release some bigger models. While the Protector, ARK from WWC and new MWM tripod are going to be great, they need to be bigger. The Protector is only going to be 12.5 inches long! Who wouldn't spend another $20-$30 or so and get one the was 16-18 inches long?

So, come on Pegasus. You do great smaller models, now make some that are BIG!

·
Cautiously Optimistic
5,017 Posts
WOW. Haven't I seen that moon exploration vehicle somewhere? This stuff is amazing!
It's an original design by Randy Cooper.

I knew Randy was working on a couple kits for Pegasus, but I didn't know the subject matter (I'm guessing the Spielberg MWM is based on Randy's garage kit as well).

Very cool!

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
I have to agree...they have some GREAT stuff coming. I also like the fact that they are getting into other things other than just kits...like accessories!

MMM

·
Registered
520 Posts
What size is that Ark from "When Worlds Collide" going to be. I was just fondling the original a few weeks ago and remarking that it would make a good subject for them. But I thought it would be a large size rocket only model AND a smaller scale dio version like they did with the original War of the Worlds stuff.

And yes, I said fondling.

Gene

·
Registered
311 Posts
Gene, It's in 1/350 scale. IIRC, the "real" Space Ark was supposed to be around 400 - 425 feet long, so this kit (without the base) should be around 14" long.

I like this size and the fact that it's a common scale - 1/350 and not a random box scale or an unusual scale.

And it'll go well with my 1/350 scale Transcontinental Rocket

Frank

·
Cautiously Optimistic
5,017 Posts
I'm very happy to those George Pal subjects getting made. Can a Time Machine be far behind? (talk about a unique and iconic subject).

But I'm getting ahead of myself. I can't wait to get my hands on one of those Ark kits.

Three Cheers for Pegasus!

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
The Ark has me unreasonably excited. It's one of those "oh, they'll NEVER make a kit of that!" things. I am giddy that they actually went ahead and made it a standard scale and not taking the easy way of 'box' scale.

Ohhh, for a deluxe version kit with the Ark under construction...

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I think my computer's playing up and that file's not downloading. Can anyone post pics of the moon vehicle and other Pegasus announcements?

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Wow, the ark from When Worlds Collide and the martian from War of the Worlds! My gift list keeps expanding. I liked the Spielberg WotW and love the tripod design.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Alot of great looking kits coming from Pegasus. Have to agree that Mars
lander looks spectacular! but shouldn't the Pal martian have legs?, looks
kind of half complete otherwise.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Yeah, that does kind of stink. Of course there are no "canon" views of the Martians' legs in the movie but it clearly wasn't oozing around on some stump. If the model really is vinyl it'll be difficult to modify too. Nevertheless I shall buy it...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts