Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What seems to be hanging on the pegs the longest in your areas? The Hot Wheels Nostalgia candy series is sitting at my Walmart not moving. AT $4.47 it is no doubt why.

·
Registered
174 Posts
same here on the candy series. also on the mainlines side the imparable and faster than ever datsun 510. boulevards it seems to be the nash metrorail. hot ones its mostly the packin' pacer.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
The very first batch of Hot Ones never moved (white Camaro, Fat Fendered...), so Mattel decided to stop bringing in any further batches whatsoever. New Zealand that is.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
if there are no reeses van's, the candy hangs around, the hanna barbera is a warmer and if it isn't a long gone, the new hot ones are hanging

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Hanna Barbara and Color Changers. Also Boulevards. They brought in too many cases of the first mix and they are still there.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
At my Wal-Mart the Concept Camaro from the Boulivard Series is still sitting along with the a few others from the first wave. They haven't had a Nostalgia Series car in over a year and nothing new in months for the Hot Ones.

·
Registered
12 Posts
In Australia its the Shane Warne (cricket player) "Spin King" at over $7 each and monsterously ugly they are dominating the pegs here, there are so many it has become a big joke among local collectors. Our local target has removed the large end of aisle peg display and replaced it with the new batman merchandise, the small hotwheels section that remains is 2 pegs of mainline cars and about 10 full pegs of Shane Warne Spin Kings haha.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Fast Cash
Rennen Rig (blue)
Formula Street (you can even find the first editions in a few stores... if I wanted to, I could easily acquire every mainline variation released to this day)
VW Brazilia (green first edition)
AMC Greased Gremlin (black)
Citroen C4 Rally (green)
Troy Soldier
24 Ours
Open Road-ster
Super Comp Dragster
GMC Motorhome (Heat Fleet)
Flight '03
Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 (HW Performance)
Yur So Fast

Race Team Cars:
Blue '69 Corvette
White '92 Mustang
Blue '68 Nova
Blue '71 Maverick Grabber

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
All of these.
Fast Cash
Rennen Rig (blue)
Formula Street (you can even find the first editions in a few stores... if I wanted to, I could easily acquire every mainline variation released to this day)
VW Brazilia (green first edition)
AMC Greased Gremlin (black)
Citroen C4 Rally (green)
Troy Soldier
24 Ours
Open Road-ster
Super Comp Dragster
GMC Motorhome (Heat Fleet)
Flight '03
Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 (HW Performance)
Yur So Fast

Race Team Cars:
Blue '69 Corvette
White '92 Mustang
Blue '68 Nova
Blue '71 Maverick Grabber

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Boulevard: Shelby GR1, Nash Metro, V8 Vega, Ford GTX-1.
Masters of the Universe
Hershey's Nostalgia
2012 Hotwheels Racing
Cars of the Decades [30's, 70's, 90's]
Hot Ones [cars no one wants]
Mainlines [mix of everything]
Color Changers
Team Hotwheels
DC Comics

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Hershey Nostalgia
Team Hotwheels
Certain Cars of the Decades - mostly 90s some of the others depending on the car
Hot Ones

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Both prevalent supermarket chains here have mostly full Boulevard shippers that are collecting more dust by the day

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Cars movie cars are rotting on the shelves here.
Yeah, those too, guess I just didn't consider them diecast collectibles. :)

At one point, Walmart had them on a major clearance markdown and I thought they were on their way out but they are still there, although I do think they may be taking considerably less pegs.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Cars movie cars are rotting on the shelves here.
I second that. I've seen so many of these things at every retail location. I suppose it's because Cars 2 did so bad.

The funny thing is I still keep my eyes peeled for The Nascar looking ones from the 1st movie. (They did a lot of cool tongue-in-cheek sponsor stickers on those.)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
The two local Fred Meyers still has full pegs of 1st issue "Hot Ones", and 1st/2nd issue Boulevards, and 1st issue Hershey Nostalgia cars (with some of the better castings gone). I really don't think much of anything is moving from the one store, they even have some of the Vintage Racing still on the pegs from last year.

One Wal-Mart has pegs full of JL that isn't seeming to move at all (newer batches, just not seeming to move).

Toys R Us still has two different Garage cars hanging on the pegs and a couple Ford/Chevy box sets. They also have multiples of one rig of the He-Man series and at least six of the He-Man 4-packs left on the shelf. In Greenlights there is still a country road box set (w/Camaro Green Machine).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts