Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my carhauling adventures, I search Eastern PA and parts of DE and MD for m2s. Just maybe M2 would like to know what I've observed.
I've already implied that I think "Ground Pounders" will be "peg warmers".
However, based on my observations in this area, the "Auto Dreams" have been a flop. The clear cars (especially release 2A) remain on the pegs at W/M, Target and TRU here. There's a store called "Five Below" that has all the clearly Authentics (cases displayed at each store) are on sale for [email protected] Two stores (WM and TRU)that I visited today still have the "Twelve Days of Christmas" cars.
Finally, the silver 57 Chev from release 4A (Authentics) can be found in almost every location.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I agree.....$4.97 or $4.99 ea for these M2's is a joke of a price and keeps them sitting on the pegs waiting for Clearance.....I don't mind paying $2.99 or less when its a 1/64 Car I like but these 1/64 M2's will have to be marked down to move as us Collectors are not stupid when it comes to a Diecast Car Toy that all it does is sit on a shelf in the house or in a box in the garage. Make them reasonable in price and they will all sell. I must own 4 1/64 M2's as the price keeps me away.

I rather buy a $9.99 1/24 Car or a $18.99 1/18 Car over these anyday.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
I'm the same. The opening doors and hoods are great, but still not worth 5 bucks or more. For a few dollars more you get 300% more car and 1000% more detail.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
this is funny......and why are 1/64 so much hotter than 1/18 and 1/24??:thumbsup:
That's easy to answer....

There are more 1/64 Collectors today over 1/18 scale Collectors.....

I personally still like the details on the 1/24 or 1/18 Cars over the 1/64 M2's

·
Banned
46 Posts
That's easy to answer....

There are more 1/64 Collectors today over 1/18 scale Collectors.....

I personally still like the details on the 1/24 or 1/18 Cars over the 1/64 M2's
Take me out of context.
I agree on what it cost to produce the 1/24 & 1/18 diecast and the details involved, compared to a 1/64. Not as cheap... but it's China. I.E. Pixar Cars.
These guys leave JL, move to GL, Highway 16, then M2. etc.
Let the bashing begin. Tks.:wave:

·
Registered
780 Posts
Collecting 1:64 scale cars is far easier for a couple reasons. First they don't take up nearly as much room as larger scales and second, you can purchase many for the price of 1 very nice 1:18 scale car.
I also would say that there is a far greater variety of 1:64 models available then all other scales combined.

I don't think there's any need to bash, it's strictly an individuals preference.
Collect what you like and like what you collect.
Everything in my personal collection makes me happy, I don't care about what's hot. If I don't like, it I don't own it. I collect primarily 1:64 but won't limit myself to just that, I have other scales but not anywhere near the amout of the smaller stuff.

It's also a challenge to seperate these cars into different categories. All diecast is not created equal but some pieces, no matter how plain have a certain appeal that fits well into the history of either the company that manufactured it or the vehicles history.

·
Banned
46 Posts
You're great! Thanks.

Collecting 1:64 scale cars is far easier for a couple reasons. First they don't take up nearly as much room as larger scales and second, you can purchase many for the price of 1 very nice 1:18 scale car.
I also would say that there is a far greater variety of 1:64 models available then all other scales combined.

I don't think there's any need to bash, it's strictly an individuals preference.
Collect what you like and like what you collect.
Everything in my personal collection makes me happy, I don't care about what's hot. If I don't like, it I don't own it. I collect primarily 1:64 but won't limit myself to just that, I have other scales but not anywhere near the amout of the smaller stuff.

It's also a challenge to seperate these cars into different categories. All diecast is not created equal but some pieces, no matter how plain have a certain appeal that fits well into the history of either the company that manufactured it or the vehicles history.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
If there are any of the all clear 54 Mercury chase cars , Im looking for one ...

And yes , there are plenty of the M2 holiday cars hanging around here too . Not as many clear series , but some ... The Drivers series is starting to fill up at Target too ...
Im sure the crappy economy has some to do with the poor sales also ...

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm almost sure that 5-Below has several; I'll check tomorrow.(Clear Mercs). Yes, I've found pegs full of drivers and KMs in Lancaster County have AutoLifts, every release. I'm looking for black 51 Ford (custom) to revert to stock.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I love how the US States get stuck with these as Peg Warmers but in Canada they were selling for $1 ea a few months ago as M2 dumped all the Series 1&2 Auto Authentics and the Clearly Authentics at Walmart for $1....

Im still clicking my heels together wishing that would happen in the States.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I agree.....$4.97 or $4.99 ea for these M2's is a joke of a price and keeps them sitting on the pegs waiting for Clearance.....I don't mind paying $2.99 or less when its a 1/64 Car I like but these 1/64 M2's will have to be marked down to move as us Collectors are not stupid when it comes to a Diecast Car Toy that all it does is sit on a shelf in the house or in a box in the garage. Make them reasonable in price and they will all sell. I must own 4 1/64 M2's as the price keeps me away.

I rather buy a $9.99 1/24 Car or a $18.99 1/18 Car over these anyday.
The $4.99 price is comparable to Greenlight and the regular line (which is almost non-existant) of Johnny Lightning. More features than either of those, M2 reminds me of the old Ertl American Muscle 1/64th which I think originally sold for $6.99 several years ago. So I think you get a lot for the money.
But if you are used to collecting Hotwheels, I can see the why there is a resistance to the price.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Carhauler . I was at an area toy store today . He has the black 51 Ford you want . Try tys-toys.com .
He doesnt put the little stuff on the website though ..

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thankyou Dave; there are some on EBay too but I was hopeing to find one locally. I'll try tys-toys and maybe he has others I'm looking for.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
UPDATE,,,,,,,Wall Marts here have real "Peg Warmers" and it is probably giving their Corporate people misinformation. When they put out a Muscle Car release; they're usually gone fast. But the same old "12 Days" and "custom Autothenics" continue to hang and even more are put out. I did not yet buy Muscle release 8, thinking I would pick them up locally but at this rate, they hang 'em up sometime next spring.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts