Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello HT, was running errands today and in an office I saw some 1/64 size pedal car replicas, I cannot find any that size. Can somebody post a picture if the have one and let me know the scale. Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Hello HT, was running errands today and in an office I saw some 1/64 size pedal car replicas, I cannot find any that size. Can somebody post a picture if the have one and let me know the scale. Thanks

I'm guessing you are saying you saw pedal cars that were about the lenght of a 1/64 scale Johnny Lightning, HW, etc.

Think about the size of a 1:1 car and the size of a 1:1 pedal car. The pedal car is much smaller than a car.

If you want to use a pedal car in a diorama with a diecast car close to 1:64 scale, look at Hallmark miniature pedal cars that you can hang on a miniature Christmas tree (table top size).

There are also excellent detail pedals cars made by Hallmark that are about the leght of a 1:64 scale Johnny Lightning, etc.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
I'm guessing a pedal car in 1:64 scale would be less than 5/8 inch in lenght (a kid's pedal car is a little more than 3 foot long).

Johnny Lightning isn't true 1:64 scale (most cars are about 3 inches long, and scale varies in most castings).

Greenlight is said to be true 1:64 scale (I agree more GL cars are more true to 1:64 sacle than most other diecast companies).

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
If you want to use a pedal car in a diorama with a diecast car close to 1:64 scale, look at Hallmark miniature pedal cars that you can hang on a miniature Christmas tree (table top size).

There are also excellent detail pedals cars made by Hallmark that are about the leght of a 1:64 scale Johnny Lightning, etc.
The miniature Christmas tree ornaments would work for a diorama. I have several of the Hallmark Kiddie Car Classics, and they're close to the length of the Johnny Lightning 1:24 '69 Mach 1 that's displayed near them.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd love to see them, i'm going to be on the hunt for some, I at least want to buy 1 so i can have 1 in my collection.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I'll get you some photos in the next day or two. None of mine are for sale, though...their sentimental value far exceeds their monetary value.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts