Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone on the forum was looking for PDA software for setups etc. If you will send me your e-mail, I will send you the latest version of RC RACER version 3.1 (it is free), it includes gearing, battery lists/database-runtimes/resistance calculation, a motor database - listing (and a tekin dyno utility-software, parts database-listing, and setup sheets/database and listing.

It ONLY works with the Palm operating system.

Gary

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any chance of just posting a link to this software rather than soliciting everyone's email address? Seems like it would be easier for everyone to just download the software.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Let the emails fly..... Im building a email database so I can spam everyone our specials for the month at the shop.... :jest: j/k.

It for the XXX mailer.

But if ya need to host the program on a downloadable link... PM me and we will set something up.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
LINK to PDA Software - Mongoosekey

Do any of you know how to place this software in a place where it can simply BE LINKED TO? I don't know how to do this. However, I wrote the program and so you have permission to give it out or link it or post it anywhere you want.

Gary

At this point in time, I can only e-mail it. Perhaps Hank can put it on the forum server if anyone wants it....

HANK - I have e-mailed you, if you could set this up as a free service for anyone wanting this software, I'd appreciate it.

Pat and everyone else who posted an e-mail - I sent you copies to your e-mail.

·
Team DCM
2,309 Posts
Also wanting to know about the Pocket PC versions of anything

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Here's a dreamy thought.... somebody make a speed control like the Cyclone with an I/R port! That would be cool to program an ESC with an IPAQ

·
Registered
28 Posts
silly question:

I dont own a PDA yet..............sooon though

Can you run palm aps in windows xp? IS there a program that can be downloaded?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
PDA Emulator - P.O.S.E.

Joel - there IS an emulator which you can download from the developers section at the official PALM website. It makes a screen on windows 95 / 98 / ME / and XP "pretend" that it is a PDA. It even makes the screen LOOK like a PDA. However, it takes a bit of expertise to download and make it work. One must have a copy of the ROM from a PDA to emulate so it may not really be worth the hassle of loading POSE onto your computer.

I would appreciate any suggestions as to improvements. I took a few "things" out of this version such as a miscelaneous section (figuring antenna lengths on 75 mhz channels, and stuff like that). Also, the gearing section in this version is a "lite" version of the original.

Latemodel100, This program was made with PDAToolbox that DOES have a PC module so as to make the program useable for PCs and Pocket PCs such as the Ipac. I don't write much for PC usage so I didn't buy the PC module. If I ever DO, I'll make another thread or post and let you know.

Hank, is there a way to send you "upgraded" versions of this program if we change it? Thanks for your work Hank.

Gary

·
Registered
173 Posts
Gary,
Unfortunately I don't have a PDA and can't use your program, but I think it's really great that you develop something like this and then go to the trouble to make it available for everyone here to use for free. Everyone here owes you a big THANKS.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts