Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a cross section of my vintage stuff. I like a lot of stuff. Have had an awesome Redline collection but did downsize. Sometimes I miss them but I have the itch again for vintage diecast collecting. Recently got into Jet Wheels and Super Speedys. Always liked Husky's and Matchbox too. Have my childhood Redlines and Corgi's still. Will never get rid of them.
I collect Speed Racer items as well. Anyway, here is a little cross section of my current collection. Have many more :)

Childhood HW Redline Rose Vette

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Holy Grail that I owned

Yeah, I sold this one a long time ago but it was my holy grail. Still miss it. Employee US with HK blue interior. It was an original with factory rivets. The most strikingly beautiful Redline I had ever owned....:)

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
The antifreeze green Jet Wheels Pontiac is about as rare as rare can be!
I have the "standard" green one, which is still mighty rare.

AWESOME pix, thanks for showing!!!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Love the black fendered police cruiser and the rose Vette, very impressive pieces of redline history. That is probably the nicest black fendered police cruisrer I have seen yet. I also really like the Sabra in the background. I never knew Israel made die-cast until I saw Sabra cars.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Parts of my collection

Thanks guys! Would love to see some of your collections as well.

Yes, the Police Cruiser is clean. Looks unplayed with. I had Sabra's when I was a kid and so when I would see one in the garage with the header cards, I would usually try and pick it up. Don't have a bunch but a cool little start.

Would really like to see the regular green Bonneville super speedy. I think any color is pretty rare in that casting. :)

Have you ever seen this store display?

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Would really like to see the regular green Bonneville super speedy. I think any color is pretty rare in that casting. :)
Rare in any color for sure!
The Bonneville, the Torino, and maybe one other were the last "new" castings made, and doubtfully made for very long.

I just wish mine wasn't missing parts, because the paint really isn't bad!

Amazing store display you have there! What is it's country of origin?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I've never seen that display before. Is it Italian maybe? It sure is different and that' what makes it very cool. Oh yeah, rainbows are nice! Great collection you have. I see some real gems in there like the copper and the olive Beach Bombs and the brown 36 Coupe. Does that red Mighty Maverick have the brown interior and wing?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Parts of my collection

Yes I am pretty sure it's from Belgium. Not much without the header but the Mustang art work kicked it for me:)

Thanks for the comments on my "Rainbow":) The Mighty Maverick is just the plain US casting with the black wing and interior.

I really like the Mighty Maverick US cars.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Super Speedy Bonneville...

Thanks Lummox. Man that's got to be SUPER RARE. I have never seen that one before. Do you collect the Jet Wheels/Super Speedy stuff?

The funny thing about these things is that if they were Redlines, we would probably shy away from them in that condition but Super Speedy models (Most of them) are SO VERY HARD TO FIND that I would take anything that I could find. Especially any Bonneville or Corvair or Torino.

That's an Awesome Car and thanks again for sharing!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
My pleasure sir, glad you like it!
Good point about condition. So few were made, you gotta take what you can find!

Probably no real way of knowing which colors on the Pontiac, Torino, or Corvair are the rarest, as so few were made in ANY color!
But I am no expert.

I don't actively seek out Jet Wheels, Super Speedys, or AMT Pups at on-line auctions.
This is the only one I have. Found it at a flea mkt close to 20 years ago.

But I always keep my eyes open for them out in the wild as I enjoy their subject matter.

Your Corvair is killer...love that color!!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Just a cross section of my vintage stuff. I like a lot of stuff. Have had an awesome Redline collection but did downsize. Sometimes I miss them but I have the itch again for vintage diecast collecting. Recently got into Jet Wheels and Super Speedys. Always liked Husky's and Matchbox too. Have my childhood Redlines and Corgi's still. Will never get rid of them.
I collect Speed Racer items as well. Anyway, here is a little cross section of my current collection. Have many more :)

Awesome collection! If you ever want to get rid of the super speedy corvair i'll take it! By the way, what is the speed racer looking car? Would like to see more pics of it....

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
these are my only 2. jet wheels amx and tufty corvette. these are great castings too and htf specially the vette.
Some of the castings loo so much more realistic with those earlier AMT skinny wheels, like on the Vette.

Nice ones - thanks for showing!!!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts