Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where can a guy find parts for the older cast iron engines like B&S Techumseh ,Lawson Clinton ETC i have looked to order with my model numbers ,type numbers and code numbers and they all say the same thing we cant find your engine in our inventory ,places ive tried Small engine wharehouse ,Small engine suppliers .com and many local small engine shops im in need of a working charging starting coil the one under the fly wheel for an old cast iron techumseh of 12 hp with no luck whats a guy to do this engine does alot of work here on the farm ,and has a home made front end loader on it that will lift the back wheels of my 1/2 ton pick up truk off the ground is complete with hydrolics in both raise and dump of the bucket it s a fun thing to operate im looking for an engine rebuild kit with .10 over piston and ring set cant find any where where do you other guys find these parts and hey im no kid im a 48 year old disabled guy looking to do some hobby work on small engines but i NEED PARTS BADLY

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks john for the reply and yes they are hard to find parts for i have a few older sears tractor that run and a few engines on the shelf that do not make spark im now trying to make a trigger for one i saw on the internet and use a chrysler ignition module ill let ya know i make out its going to take some time but im on it

·
Registered
149 Posts
well i have a acct w/ stens and even if you go to foley belsaw's website and request a free catalog , in there they sell ignition modules you can use them to bypass points and turn the coil into a electronic ignition , i used one on a old say and it works great especially for around 10 bucks . but good luck and let me know how it goes, they have tools too their website is www.foleybelsaw.com

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no more points for me

i went and bought a electronic module for my old sears techumseh engines and now they all run better than new with this upgrade from points to electronic it is surely a a better way to make spark and i believe it be to be some what hotter so more power and less resistence way to go from now on , thanks a lot for the info to the site where these can be purchased for about ten bucks.its all i needed to get my older engines running like a top

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tecumseh Parts

I'm also looking for the alternator coil for an HH100 model engine Tecumseh Part # 610761A if you happen to find a supplier that can help you out and has more than one would you please let me know. :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts