Votes: 1 7.7%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that the next Parsippany PAL Slot Car Show is scheduled for 11/22. Being new to the slot car show scene, is this show worth traveling from Albany, NY to attend?

How many vendors?

Is there much HO cars, track, etc?

Thanks,

Bob B.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
It's worth attending. The show fills a gym with a few thousand cars.I think Hiram Durant is having a race .If was all arount excellent last tme. Tom Stumpf

·
Registered
244 Posts
I see that the next Parsippany PAL Slot Car Show is scheduled for 11/22. Being new to the slot car show scene, is this show worth traveling from Albany, NY to attend?

How many vendors?

Is there much HO cars, track, etc?

Thanks,

Bob B.
Hi Bob, Where abouts in Albany? In Live in Colonie. I race with a couple of local guys on Wed. nights. You interested in racing at all? We used to have 4 guys and 3 tracks now were down to two guys and two tracks. Let me know Gary H. and Vince L.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Bob, Where abouts in Albany? In Live in Colonie. I race with a couple of local guys on Wed. nights. You interested in racing at all? We used to have 4 guys and 3 tracks now were down to two guys and two tracks. Let me know Gary H. and Vince L.
PM Sent

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
I'm interested in going too if I can swing it. But my car is iffy about making the trip. Wat time are you guys planning on leaving? I might be able to hook up with you two and go for the ride.. I'll even pitch in for some of the gas!! Albany is about a 40 mile ride..

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm interested in going too if I can swing it. But my car is iffy about making the trip. Wat time are you guys planning on leaving? I might be able to hook up with you two and go for the ride.. I'll even pitch in for some of the gas!! Albany is about a 40 mile ride..
PM Sent

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The poll results so far are 100% in favor of attending!

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
It's looking like I might be able to do this. I'll get back to you on Weds with a definite yes or no, Bob. I'll PM you and get the particulars Weds.. Joe

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Joe - sounds like a plan!

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
we must let each other know what we're wearing to the show so we reckonize each other.
Maybe would should wear name tags with our HobbyTalk ID...:)

·
Registered
306 Posts
I got a table! I'll probably be wearing a black 'Gap' hoodie. Don't expect customs, though (maybe a handful), I'm just trying to get rid of excess newer NASCAR, Vipers, Vettes, doubles, triples, etc.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'll be there with tjets, afx, riggen, bauer, tyco-s, faller, atlas, resins, custom brass, junkyards, parts and more. I'll have a name tag with "Joe Saccomanno" on it.
See y'all there,
-Joe

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
Well, all I can say is I had a great time!!! I was a pleasure meeting Tom Stumpf, Bob Beers, Thunderjet Gene, Mike Vitale, Bob Brunne, Ed (sethanddaddy) Joe S. and Ray. I got about 3 hours sleep last night and was basically a zombie wandering around the show. I think I saw some of krazcustom's work on a table, but he was busy with sales and I was woozy from a lack of sleep. Neal, and Dom, I tried to looked for you guys, but I couldn't remember what I was looking for. :lol: Thanks for lunch, Ed, and the big bag of clix!!!! As usual, I ended up buying more bodies and the chassis deficit has again climbed higher!! I'm going to have a hard time deciding what gets toyed with first. I got a bunch of the 37 Ford kits to mess with, and I still want to try lighting one. I also got a beat up Aurora ice cream truck, so honda can box up those solid rivet chassis to send me!! The blue ice cream truck will be heading his way this Wednesday. What a cool day adventure!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

P.S. I was told to stash away a few $$$$ every week for the superbowl show on LI. I guess I better!! :lol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.