Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
which parma controller is recommended for mag/nonmagnatractions?in what ohm range is the limit for those cars on afx toy track.

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
For T jets, especially with the twitchier older JL/AW chassis, 90 ohm or better Parma econo controllers are the best bang for the buck. When all your set controllers are in the 45-60 ohm range this is the simplest solution to better control.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
The best Ohm level for those cars will depend upon how you are powering your track. If you are using 12-18 volts a 45 Ohm controller should work for magnetractions while nonmags would likely prefer 60-90 Ohms. If you are using higher voltage, then 60-90 Ohms would be best. Overall, I've found that 60 Ohm Parma econos work for a wide variety of cars and voltages. They're not always ideal, particularly for higer downforce cars like Marchons, but they'll work and if all four lanes are using the same controllers a 60-Ohm Econo is a reliable, economical choice.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
On the toy track level..is it worth buying a parma controller?
If you are thinking about getting into the hobby a little deeper and are starting out with a set,I think a parma econo controller will definetly bring you to the next level.

I have a bunch of different ohm ones in a milk crate somewhere tangled into a birds nest.I like different controllers for different chassis.

But the 45 is a good all around go to one to get.

Mike

·
Registered
864 Posts
On my own little experience of home racing, I found that a controller choice depands on :

chassis you will run
voltage on your track
amperes amount

Personaly, on my track, I'm running around 13volt, 8amperes (powering 4 lanes), and mostly xtractions and tjets (+ a couple of magnetless inline chassis like tyco 440 widepan, and a few tomy turbos and 440narrow with magnet). I found that 45ohm was a bit too short for my needs. I plan to upgrade to parma eco 60ohm controllers.

Does it worth the investement ? In my opinion, definitly. At least 1 for you, and give cheap controllers to your opponents :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts