Hobbyist Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Wow, how timely...
I love the job you did on these reissues, fantastic:thumbsup:
...and I'm glad this old thread got brought back up, I built these reissues about 10 or so years ago and I'm always on the hunt for originals.
I've got 2 of the originals, Hitler and Napoleon MIB and I'm looking for Fidel Castro still in the box..Might be a long shot but....any chance any of you have one you are willing to sell or trade?
I just posted this yesterday... http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?p=4582728#post4582728

I noticed the Original kits plastic is much thicker that the repops (my Napoleon isn't sealed and I compared with the re issues, Hitler is still sealed in cello)
Thanks guys:wave:

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
as a kid ,living in Montreal, I had seen all 3 born losers only once, at Dixie Hardware, I bought Napoleon , the price was higher in Canada, 1.59 USA was 1.00.I could not believe the detailing, 5 days later went back, they were gone.
Randy

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
as a kid ,living in Montreal, I had seen all 3 born losers only once, at Dixie Hardware, I bought Napoleon , the price was higher in Canada, 1.59 USA was 1.00.I could not believe the detailing, 5 days later went back, they were gone.
Randy
I never saw them growing up - same with Aurora's William Castle-inspired Frog and Vampire kits. First time I had ever heard of them was probably in Gordy Dutt's book on figure kits...

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Hey Buzz we grew up about 100 miles apart, I was in Gatineau (just outside of Ottawa) and remember seeing these in the 'Smoke Shop'...oddly enough that was where I got all my model kits...I still associate the sweet aromatic smell of Pipe and Cigar tobacco with these old kits... My Father wouldn't let me buy the Hitler kit...(different times and mind set)....all he said was, 'There's nothing funny about Hitler'.....even buying Wonder Woman was pretty risqué and raised my mothers' eyebrows a few inches...Here's the strange part...when I bought the guillotine kit, my folks thought it was great:thumbsup: ahh...the Sixties...go figure...:p
Denis

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Yes, my parents drew the line at some monster and Prehistoric Scenes kits, but would let me have all the horrors of WWII: tanks, aircraft, infantry etc.

·
Curmudgeon
6,607 Posts
My parents didn't care what I built because they knew I was home building something rather than out getting myself into trouble. :lol:

41 - 49 of 49 Posts