Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you paint pantyhose on a female model. It seems like I remember someone posting at one time that you mix the colored ink that you want the hose to be into some future then airbrush it on. Does this sound right? I have slept since then so i'm not sure that is right. :confused:

·
Registered
461 Posts
I airbrushed thinned Tamiya clear smoke onto my Elvira model with good effect,pics on the Mobeus Forum under the heading,My Elvira,Finally,just paint and shade the flesh as normal then build up the colour of the pantyhose gradually with clear smoke,simple and effective...........now Fish nets...that's a different story and I cant tell it you would need to ask Dave Fisher after seeing his Barbwire/Pamela A,I gave up....lol,cheers,Gordon M

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Gordon has it right, that is what I did too. In fact I've found that the Tamiya transparent smoke acrylic paint has many uses for shadowing, shading, darkening, etc. and it has become what of my most valuable finishing tools since I started using it. It also sprays excellently and I rarely even thin it down. It even sprays from my Badger super fine nozzle airbrush with no problems straight from the bottle.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Yeah, same here with the Barbwire kit. Paint the fleshtones as nude. Then I airbrush a dark charcoal for the hose. Remember the shadows should be in reverse, lighter where it comes in contact with the flesh, darker where it's away from the flesh. I paint all the darker areas then mist lightly over everything. I did this on the box-art model for Dolya Arts Marilyn and it came out quite nice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts