Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Wow! Those are all really cool models. I remember the first time I saw a 1:1 Dyna Z1 in the US (approx. 1986). I had never heard of Panhard cars before, but I was pretty sure that the one I was looking at was French! I'm a true fan of the unusual and bizarre when it comes to automobiles. I'd love to drive a 24CT around town just to see the strange glances it would get. It still looks very futuristic to me. Those are great photos of your fine models. Thanks for sharing them!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only the French would put cars like these into production. The Dyna Z1's bodywork was all aluminium, whereas, the later PL17 was built of steel. All three cars were powered by a horizontally opposed 2 cylinder engine of 845cc. Must have been a shock to see one in the USA!

Panhard (& Levassor) were founded in 1889 and were one of the pioneers of the motor industry. Citroen took control in 1965 and the last Panhard car, the 24CT, ceased production in 1967. I think, Panhard are still going, but, as manufacturers of military vehicles.

Steve

·
Registered
269 Posts
I've seen Panhards at Vintage Car events at Lime Rock, neat looking and interesting sounding cars, too bad they get lapped by every other car in the race.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts