Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is something I built to run a couple exibition runs at Lightningfest. I have no clue what it's gonna do. Hopefully it will make a few passes before it goes up in smoke.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Nice piece!
I'm sure people will sit up and take notice once that thing lights up at the line and makes a pass! I hope you dust everybody else!
Good luck and good times at the fest,
cheers!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
How hot is the arm you're running?? What kind of Ohms? I've been doing some research and etc. on HO drag racing......and I'm starting to build my first HO drag car.....I'm going to set the car up for the "Super Pro" class..... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't wanna say too much about the car until after the fest, then I will post more pics. and spill the beans about how it ran and the goodies inside. It might shake up the pancake world a little. One of my race cars can be seen on sluggercan.com on his entreprenuers page 8 or 9 I think. He has awesome magnets for sale and links to find other super hot parts.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
mtyoder said:
I don't wanna say too much about the car until after the fest, then I will post more pics. and spill the beans about how it ran and the goodies inside. It might shake up the pancake world a little. One of my race cars can be seen on sluggercan.com on his entreprenuers page 8 or 9 I think. He has awesome magnets for sale and links to find other super hot parts.
Yep, my next major purchase will be a set of Slugger's TJet "Neo" magnets......... :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
Hey Craig,
Are you going to have any arms for sale at the fest? I've burnt up 2 of mine.
Thanks,
Lendell / Fordcowboy

·
Registered
161 Posts
On the subject of dragsters and such, heres a question. Whats the best way to stretch a t-jet chassis? I have some plastruct retangular tubing....I was thinking about just removing the front axel...gluing it into the front pocket where the axel sits, and then cross drilling a new hole trough the plastruct for the front axel. Anyone got any better ideas?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Jpr,

Why glue it? Use the two lower holesand wire in extentions. The wire from slot cars you have would work, that is what I use...

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are a lot of ways to extend the wheelbase. I use small brass bar sock from the hobby store cause I can solder to it. Plastic is much lighter though. I use two part epoxy for a lot of my glueing. Its pretty tough and light depanding on how much you use, but it takes a day to dry so you have to have some patience when using it.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
hey mtyoder, any night this week you will be home to let me make some runs with the reaper .I still have not put inthe bronze ring gear in it yet .I would like to make a couple of passes with them to see how thay work.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ebasil was that rear rim question for me? If so they are pro-track 1/24 scale fronts. Very large diameter for h.o. scale

·
Banned
1,462 Posts
mtyoder said:
Ebasil was that rear rim question for me? If so they are pro-track 1/24 scale fronts. Very large diameter for h.o. scale
It was; thanks! They are huuuge, but look really good. I'll have to wait to hear what you did with gearing to accomodate such a tall tire. Must be a monster hiding under there!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Dragster info!!!!!

Here's the story on the dragster. The armature is a custom that I made out of jl arms, 5 to be exact. It has 14 laminates and is wound with 31ga. wire. The gears have been changed (the gearplate picture). To gear the car this way I used a specialty chassis 20t idler and had to drill the gearplate for a new gear pilot. To compensate for the 1:1 ratio on top I put in a larger crown gear made by quicker engineering. The chassis is two jlto's laminated together with epoxy. This car ran very well especially when we cranked the voltage up to 30v. It used up all of Goose's track and slid across both of the 8 foot tables at the end of the track and would have landed on the floor if someone wasn't there to catch it. Ran better than I expected an still runs!! :devil: I will post et. and mph when I get a chance.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts